Valentine Lilies

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited February 17, 2007 in Holy Macro
I tried something kinda new for me today...I used my relatively new-to-me macro lens and shot some kinda abstract pics of the lilies my husband gave me for Valentine's Day. I had fun and liked how the colors turned out. I believe this is my first entry in "Other Cool Shots!" :D Here are a few...

130153372-L.jpg

130153673-L.jpg

130153973-L.jpg

130154087-L.jpg
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    Plead guilty to not being a fan of limited DOF shots of flowers ( that's just me) but these all work very well especially #1
    Hope to see more of your pics :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    I tried something kinda new for me today...I used my relatively new-to-me macro lens and shot some kinda abstract pics of the lilies my husband gave me for Valentine's Day. I had fun and liked how the colors turned out. I believe this is my first entry in "Other Cool Shots!" :D Here are a few...

Yeah Im with Brian Elaine, that first shot looks great, the colours and the abstractness of the image is quite appealing thumb.gif ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    Plead guilty to not being a fan of limited DOF shots of flowers ( that's just me) but these all work very well especially #1
    Hope to see more of your pics :)
    Brian V.

Ah well...maybe I'll gain the same opinion when I'm such a seasoned macro pro as you are! :D Right now for me, everything is fair game to be shot with shallow DOF!
    Thanks for taking a look and commenting. Glad you still found something you like!

Elaine
    Elaine

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Yeah Im with Brian Elaine, that first shot looks great, the colours and the abstractness of the image is quite appealing thumb.gif ..... Skippy

Thanks for the comments, Skippy!

Elaine
    Elaine