Macro on a shoe string

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited February 17, 2007 in Holy Macro
No not pics of a shoe string- some shots taken with a canon kit lens reversed directly onto the camera body. For the first test shots I was just holding the lens in position, for the last two shots I managed to fix the lens to a modded Tmount adapter so I didn't need to hold it. You can buy reversing 58mm to camera body adapters (often found on Ebay).
I was firstly suprised at the magnification range- upto about 4:1 (2.2cms of ruler= 1:1) and secondly the shots of the insect taken at about 3:1 are not bad especially as I was trying to use a camera mounted flash and ended up over 1 stop underexposed.

Brian V.

Click on Pics for larger size

390498229_4893ba398c.jpg

392284577_fabd7cf77d.jpg

392284580_4d99dda6c6.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    No not pics of a shoe string- some shots taken with a canon kit lens reversed directly onto the camera body. For the first test shots I was just holding the lens in position, for the last two shots I managed to fix the lens to a modded Tmount adapter so I didn't need to hold it. You can buy reversing 58mm to camera body adapters (often found on Ebay).
    I was firstly suprised at the magnification range- upto about 4:1 (2.2cms of ruler= 1:1) and secondly the shots of the insect taken at about 3:1 are not bad especially as I was trying to use a camera mounted flash and ended up over 1 stop underexposed.

Brian V.

Click on Pics for larger size

Thanks Brian its like you can see a clear line of FOCUS as if the image has been cut in three ONE in front TWO the FOCUS point and THREE the background ....... but getting that focus spot on is not as easy as it seems folks, just the slightest movement and your completely out of focus.

Thanks for sharing :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin