Options

website Design

bskaranbskaran Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited February 19, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Okay boys and gals, this is met new look website. www.bskaran.com

I would like to get your thoughts on the look and feel and ease of use. Come on give me the good, bad and the ugly!

Design is based on this picture that I took sometime back.
128781704-S-3.jpg
Cheers - Karan

WWW.bskaran.com

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    Pay attention to readability. The background on the home page is too strong to be able to read the "home" and "about" links on top, and the business name at the bottom right is almost not readable either.

I like the look of your gallery however, rough and rustic without harming readability.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2007
    Pay attention to readability. The background on the home page is too strong to be able to read the "home" and "about" links on top, and the business name at the bottom right is almost not readable either.

I like the look of your gallery however, rough and rustic without harming readability.

Thanks a lot for your comments, very much appreciated. I have made some changes based on your feedback. Please let me know what you thing now.
    I am still working on a few more minor formatting issues.
    Cheers - Karan

WWW.bskaran.com
  • Options
    gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    You might want to put a transparent gray overlay layer and place your links over that so you can read them with more ease. Right now their just floating there. Either that or place your navigation links vertically on the left hand side of the poster.

And you might need something to frame your slideshow a little better cause it looks flat. Maybe consider a dropshadow for the images that matches the color of the bg underneath just to make it pop out more.
    http://www.reverbphotography.com
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    Elinchrome Skyport Triggers
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2007
    gmonkeh wrote:
    You might want to put a transparent gray overlay layer and place your links over that so you can read them with more ease. Right now their just floating there. Either that or place your navigation links vertically on the left hand side of the poster.

And you might need something to frame your slideshow a little better cause it looks flat. Maybe consider a dropshadow for the images that matches the color of the bg underneath just to make it pop out more.

Thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated. I have worked on the slideshow see if this looks better. www.bskaran.com

Btw. Your gallery is really cool like your print functionality.
    Cheers - Karan

WWW.bskaran.com