Is there a difference in how CS2 and CS3 handle RAW

kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
edited February 18, 2007 in Finishing School
I recently took some pictures of a bridge demolition in Jacksonville. I was using a D200 in RAW+JPEG. When I looked at the pictures in CS2 the RAW files looked fine but the JPEGs were very dark (1600 @F5.7). I thought that there was something wrong with my camera. But when I went to CS3 both RAW and JPEGs were very dark. Does the bridge handle RAWs differently in CS3 than it does in CS2? Do I have to download a seperate plug-in for CS3 RAW?
www.Prideinphotography.com
Powered by Smugmug
Three passions wildlife, golf and the STEELERS
Equipment
Nikon D4, D300

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    Check your Auto adjustment setting in each
    kgarrett11 wrote:
    I recently took some pictures of a bridge demolition in Jacksonville. I was using a D200 in RAW+JPEG. When I looked at the pictures in CS2 the RAW files looked fine but the JPEGs were very dark (1600 @F5.7). I thought that there was something wrong with my camera. But when I went to CS3 both RAW and JPEGs were very dark. Does the bridge handle RAWs differently in CS3 than it does in CS2? Do I have to download a seperate plug-in for CS3 RAW?

Take a look at the RAW settings in both to see if they are the same.

This sounds like you have [X] Auto adjustments on in CS2, but not in CS3.

When auto adjustments are Off, the exposure of your RAW files should look similar to your JPEGs (what you are seeing in CS3).

When auto adjustments are On, the exposure of your RAW files may look quite different than JPEGs (what you are seeing in CS2) because of the change due to the auto adjustments.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    Thanks jfriend. That was it. At least now I know that there is nothing wrong with my camera. Even though I tried several tests with the camera and everything seemed fine, I still wasn't sure. I really appreciate your help.
    www.Prideinphotography.com