Replacing photos w/higher quality

Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
edited February 18, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi again,
I made the mistake of uploading "large PC size" photos instead of best (print) quality JPEGS. About 70 of 'em. Is there way to replace photos while keeping keywords + captions intact? PRO account...

Thanks,

VI
dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 17, 2007
    Hello Van,
    Yes there is a way to replace these, leaving everything (including the link) intact. The problem is, that you will have to do this on a one-by-one basis.

You can use the Replace Photo function, in your Photo Tools menu. This is the function Pros use to take advantage of our popular Proof & Retouch feature: http://www.smugmug.com/help/proof-retouch-replace

If you sell prints and haven't tried this feature (Proof & Retouch), please do so. It is great. You can upload unedited, lower res images. Then if someone orders one of them, you are alerted and you can replace the image with a fully edited one. Saves you from having to edit every image. This is especially helpful for event shooters.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    Snap! That's exactly what I needed. Thanks again, this site is worth every penny.

VI
    dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    Van Isle wrote:
    Snap! That's exactly what I needed. Thanks again, this site is worth every penny.
    Just make sure the images you uploaded are high enough resolution to enable the ordering of the print sizes you want to offer. If they are too few pixels, Smugmug won't let your viewers order larger prints even though you may replace the uploaded copies with higher res versions before the order is fullfilled.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question