Options

Copuright info on prints?

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
edited February 17, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I'm going to be donating a couple of 8x10's in 11x14 frames with matting to a local charity auction. My question is this, how does everyone put their information on the picture? Do you have a signed version of your signature, do you just have it put your name in the bottom right hand corner, do you have it put the copyright symbol and the year with it? RIght now I'm just looking at having it put my name on one line, then the copyright symbol and the year beneath it, then rotating that all to a 45 degree angle and putting it in the bottom right hand corner. Something similar to the way Olan Mills looks, only probably not gold. What does everyone else do? It would be great to see some examples of hhow others do this. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    If it is only a couple of photos (less than 100)....Why not just get a gold pen from your local artist supply (that be non acidic and permanent...I would tell you what I use BUT the writing is all wore off) and sign them.....a personal siggy works like a copyright with true professional printers.....when they see a signature they refuse to copy / duplicate....and the ones that stil will duplicate...well they will duplicate no matter what....also a siggy could make them think more professioanl of you.....and could in severzl years raise the value of your work....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    THat's a pretty good idea, would you put the copyright and date on it anywhere, just sign it and then maybe the year underneath that using the same pen?