Options

Model Release for Business Cards

awmphotoawmphoto Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited February 19, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello, just a quick question that I'm hoping to clear up. I'm planning on making business cards for my new photography business, and I was wondering if I would need a model release form if the card were to feature a picture of one of the atheletes that I have shot at my local high school? If so what kind of form do I need ,and is there a way to get a generic model release form anywhere?
awmphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 18, 2007
    awmphoto wrote:
    Hello, just a quick question that I'm hoping to clear up. I'm planning on making business cards for my new photography business, and I was wondering if I would need a model release form if the card were to feature a picture of one of the atheletes that I have shot at my local high school? If so what kind of form do I need ,and is there a way to get a generic model release form anywhere?

I don't think a release is necessary for your intended use.
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    I don't know, but I was under the impression that a model release was required if their photo was going to be used for commercial purposes. Commercial being defined as anything that is designed to promote or sell a product. In this case I would think you would be using their picture to promote your business, therefore commercial use. I'm still trying to get a firm grasp on all this, however, so if I'm wrong someone please speak up and help us both out!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    I'll see if I can find the "generic" Model realease I have and scan it sometime today and post it here....

If the person is recognizable then it is a very good idea to have asigned model release.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Ahhhh... I thought this thread was about finding a general model release form that could fit on the back of business cards. That's what I'm looking for mwink.gif Would be very handy to have in pocket/camera case at all times. If anyone has one or knows a link to one, I'd sure appriciate it.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    I'll see if I can find the "generic" Model realease I have and scan it sometime today and post it here....

If the person is recognizable then it is a very good idea to have asigned model release.

Dam...seems to have fallen into a black hole or my memory is just shotne_nau.gif...still looking tho................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    See this page: http://www.acclaimimages.com/resources/index.html

You can read up on them as well as print off the model release for adults and the model release for minors.