image size restriction?

tmichaeltmichael Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited February 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I'm brand new to photography but am having a blast and loving smugmug. I have been having one issue though, as I am posting pix it seems that anything over 8 mg will not upload and it says it is not a jpeg. I'm not smart enough to know why some of them end up so big, I'm guessing from some of the post processing I'm playing around with. Is there a way to allow these pix to upload, or some way to keep them from growing so large?

Thanks,

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    tmichael wrote:
    Hi,

I'm brand new to photography but am having a blast and loving smugmug. I have been having one issue though, as I am posting pix it seems that anything over 8 mg will not upload and it says it is not a jpeg. I'm not smart enough to know why some of them end up so big, I'm guessing from some of the post processing I'm playing around with. Is there a way to allow these pix to upload, or some way to keep them from growing so large?

Thanks,
    Hi, and wave.gif WELCOME! :D

Standard and Power customers can upload up to 8mb files. Pro customers, up to 16mb files. For all customers, the max file size in megapixels (file dimensions) is 48 megapixels.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photos

If you tell us the type of camera you shoot with, and what/how you post process, we can help you with the file sizes.

ear.gif
  • tmichaeltmichael Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2007
    Thanks for the quick response Andy!! I have figured out how to make them a bit smaller and all is right with the world again!!

Mike
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, and wave.gif WELCOME! :D

Standard and Power customers can upload up to 8mb files. Pro customers, up to 16mb files. For all customers, the max file size in megapixels (file dimensions) is 48 megapixels.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photos

If you tell us the type of camera you shoot with, and what/how you post process, we can help you with the file sizes.

ear.gif