Google Maps API - website mispelled

JcMax200JcMax200 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited February 18, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to check out the Google Maps in action - I don't even have anything Geo tagged yet... So I went to get the google maps api Key from google, and put in my website and what not. Then I put the api key in the Smug Mug control panel, and show it on my front page - Whoops, it seems that that api key wasn't made for this website.... Look at that, I mispelled the website - No problem, I'll just go get a new one... I did, and go to fix the problem at SmugMug... But I can't - well, I can't seem to delete, turn off, or change my api key... And now there's a pop-up everytime I go to my page, telling me I need to change it (I could put it away in my Control panel, but It yells at me there too...)

So, I have a dilema, one - I can't change the API key... Not very helpful, since I might even change the domain later on - I'm still in my 14 day trial, getting the lay of the land

Two - I can't delete it, I'm not sure I want to keep it - should have thought about this first, and I'm pretty sure it will yell at me in the control panel regardless, if I hide it- last time I was aware, it only allows it in the "folder" you specify. What If i want to totally remove it? Is there away to do that?

I'm not sure, maybe I haven't looked hard enough, could any one help me, it would be much appreciated....

you can check it out at http://photos.jeremycurry.com/

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    JcMax200 wrote:
    I'm not sure, maybe I haven't looked hard enough, could any one help me, it would be much appreciated....

In your control panel, there's a "delete" button that you can use, for the maps api keys. I deleted it for you, you can now get a new one with the correct website spelling :)

wave.gif I hope this helps :D
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    JcMax200 wrote:
    Hey Guys,

I just wanted to check out the Google Maps in action - I don't even have anything Geo tagged yet... So I went to get the google maps api Key from google, and put in my website and what not. Then I put the api key in the Smug Mug control panel, and show it on my front page - Whoops, it seems that that api key wasn't made for this website.... Look at that, I mispelled the website - No problem, I'll just go get a new one... I did, and go to fix the problem at SmugMug... But I can't - well, I can't seem to delete, turn off, or change my api key... And now there's a pop-up everytime I go to my page, telling me I need to change it (I could put it away in my Control panel, but It yells at me there too...)

So, I have a dilema, one - I can't change the API key... Not very helpful, since I might even change the domain later on - I'm still in my 14 day trial, getting the lay of the land

Two - I can't delete it, I'm not sure I want to keep it - should have thought about this first, and I'm pretty sure it will yell at me in the control panel regardless, if I hide it- last time I was aware, it only allows it in the "folder" you specify. What If i want to totally remove it? Is there away to do that?

Hi Jeremy,

welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

You can delete the key in your control panel. It's found above the user referrals section thumb.gif
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Jeremy,

welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

You can delete the key in your control panel. It's found above the user referrals section thumb.gif
    Oh, nevermind, Andy beat me to it :D
  • JcMax200JcMax200 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 18, 2007
    thanks - I totally didn't see that... I was just annoyed by the pop-up