Mr T, and other foreigners graffiti

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited February 19, 2007 in Holy Macro
My old highschool is pretty close from where I live now. The number of students has increased, partly because they merged with another school. So, the old buiding does not have sufficient classrooms. They are working on it, but in the mean time, they have a 2-story 'emergency' building right next to it.

I think one of the art teachers and some students got creative:

130386506-L.jpg

130386214-L.jpg

130385735-L.jpg

130385366-L.jpg

130383966-L.jpg

130384574-L.jpg

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 18, 2007
    neat shots-

ol' dr. phil looks like one of those old communist propaganda posters-
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 18, 2007
    oprah... phil... they have Bush and Bill O'Reilly up there too!?! Not what I'd expect in graffiti from the Netherlands.

great colors, make for great photos though nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    neat shots-

ol' dr. phil looks like one of those old communist propaganda posters-
    :D he does, doesn't he...

Thanks for the comments!
    edited February 18, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    oprah... phil... they have Bush and Bill O'Reilly up there too!?! Not what I'd expect in graffiti from the Netherlands.
    lol3.gif I was thinking the same thing; What happened to dutch people? aren't they good enough for graffiti?
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    Neat
    Over here they are called "portables" and sometimes remain for years.

Think about the planning that had to go into that remarkable execution! Be interesting to be a fly on the wall while the planning was going on.

No Dutch? Every thing's in English????

American TV strikes again...

I was watching a "night show" and the host asked who watched a certain TV show and a young man from Denmark raised his hand. The host asked how he got to see the show and the young Dane said he downloaded it from the internet!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 18, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:

great colors, make for great photos though nod.gif

I'm choosing to read it as Mr.T POPping all those fools in the face. That makes me happy.
    edited February 18, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    Over here they are called "portables" and sometimes remain for years.

Think about the planning that had to go into that remarkable execution! Be interesting to be a fly on the wall while the planning was going on.

No Dutch? Every thing's in English????

American TV strikes again...

I was watching a "night show" and the host asked who watched a certain TV show and a young man from Denmark raised his hand. The host asked how he got to see the show and the young Dane said he downloaded it from the internet!
    Yep, portables, that's the word I was looking for. I guess literally translated we would almost give them the same name, mobile classrooms.

There really had to be some planning. Two stories high, I don't see how you can do that without planning.

There are a lot of american TV shows here. Oprah, Dr Phil, the A-team is currently on as well. We do have dutch shows as well of course. American shows are not translated.
    edited February 18, 2007
    truth wrote:
    I'm choosing to read it as Mr.T POPping all those fools in the face.
    :D That's the way I read it as well!
    edited February 18, 2007
    130383447-L.jpg

"Ode to the unknown hero"
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    My old highschool is pretty close from where I live now. The number of students has increased, partly because they merged with another school. So, the old buiding does not have sufficient classrooms. They are working on it, but in the mean time, they have a 2-story 'emergency' building right next to it.

I think one of the art teachers and some students got creative:

Hi Ivar, this is the sort of Graffiti I like it, it's well presented.
    I really cant stand that stuff you see sprawled on trains and bus stops etc, that to me is straight out crap.

We have a street here in Geelong that was painted in Graffiti (legally) and it is an absolute credit to all those young people who produced it, they are indeed very talented, and it's nice to see there is a place for such art work to be on display.

Thanks for sharing Ivar clap.gif ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited February 19, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Ivar, this is the sort of Graffiti I like it, it's well presented.
    I really cant stand that stuff you see sprawled on trains and bus stops etc, that to me is straight out crap.

We have a street here in Geelong that was painted in Graffiti (legally) and it is an absolute credit to all those young people who produced it, they are indeed very talented, and it's nice to see there is a place for such art work to be on display.

Thanks for sharing Ivar clap.gif ..... Skippy
    Thanks Skip!

Yeah, I too don't really like graffiti when they are just tags or something, but the big paintings I can definitely enjoy.

I found out today that it was actually a small project from an art college.