Other people's photos appearing on my site

BlueSoulBlueSoul Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited February 18, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have a SiteMeter stat counter on my site. It tells me (among other things) how visitors found my site.

It says that someone came to my site ("Peaceful Pixels") via this link:
http://www.smugmug.com/community/Wildlife/keyword/elk

Out of curiosity, I clicked on that link, and I saw other people's photos on my site! It had my site's design, my site's title banner, etc. :huh But only two of those photos are actually mine.

This problem has now occurred at least twice, and I'm a little concerned. How did someone else's pictures get onto my site? The other photographer(s) deserve credit for their own work. I wouldn't dream of claiming someone else's pictures as my own.

*Edit:* I clicked on that link again later, and I saw all the same pictures on the Smugmug Wildlife Community page.

I wonder what happened? :scratch

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 18, 2007
    BlueSoul wrote:
    I have a SiteMeter stat counter on my site. It tells me (among other things) how visitors found my site.

It says that someone came to my site ("Peaceful Pixels") via this link:
    http://www.smugmug.com/community/Wildlife/keyword/elk

Out of curiosity, I clicked on that link, and I saw other people's photos on my site! eek7.gif Only two of those photos are actually mine.

This problem has now occurred at least twice, and I'm a little concerned. How did someone else's pictures get onto my site? The other photographer(s) deserve credit for their own work. I wouldn't dream of claiming someone else's pictures as my own.

*Edit:* I clicked on that link again later, and I saw all the same pictures on someone else's site. This time my pictures were included on the other person's site.

I wonder what happened? headscratch.gif
    Hi Christy,

That's a keyword search from the community Wildlife. There are pictures from lots of different folks there. If you go to the Wildlife community, you will see all of the keywords listed there. If you click on "elk", you will get all the photos keyworded with "elk" from that community. You belong to that community, so your photos turned up in the search.

I hope this helps.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign