Options

Shootout in Seattle

2»

Comments

• Options
    LuckyBobLuckyBob Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Something's broken on Mat's gallery - after the first few images it all switches back to wedding photos, although the thumbnail images still look like our shots. headscratch.gif His slideshow is also too fast :D
    LuckyBobGallery"You are correct, sir!"
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Very cool to see a thread where people are meeting up locally!
    There is another Seattle photog meetup in the making. I'll post the details when I have nailed down some dates for an different group.
    FYI: This meet will be in a studio environment and be more intensive on the off camera lighting scenario rather than ambient light.

I'll post in an existing "location" thread that is associated w/ Seattle when it's time.

-Jon
  • Options
    gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    I'd be interested in a studio meetup shoot.

Lex
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Very cool to see a thread where people are meeting up locally!
    There is another Seattle photog meetup in the making. I'll post the details when I have nailed down some dates for an different group.
    FYI: This meet will be in a studio environment and be more intensive on the off camera lighting scenario rather than ambient light.

I'll post in an existing "location" thread that is associated w/ Seattle when it's time.

-Jon
    http://www.reverbphotography.com
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    Elinchrome Skyport Triggers
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    I'm quite interested in a studio-style meetup also; I havn't gotten to play with ABs enough yet :D. Rhuarc and I were actually trying to figgure something out yesterday, so keep us up to date.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Darn you guys! Now a studio lighting meetup? Gah! :D

Here's a tip, you can find a bunch of ads for studios for rent (and if I remember right te prices were reasonable) at the glazer's rental shop (though they may be at the lighting shop now).
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    I also have access to a large (~5500 sq ft, 20+ft ceilings), multi-room (and multi-level) industrial art gallery/studio. I spend a lot of time there, but I havn't looked into renting it for any particular purpose yet; I just shot an email off to the owners to inquiring about rental pricing. wings.gif

What would we have an interest in shooting? Products? People? Environment? I personally dunno of any models who'd be interested in dealing with a bunch of new photogs, but the studio I just contacted might (and I asked them to that effect also).
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Darn you guys! Now a studio lighting meetup? Gah! :D

Here's a tip, you can find a bunch of ads for studios for rent (and if I remember right te prices were reasonable) at the glazer's rental shop (though they may be at the lighting shop now).

You just left too soon Mike!! I guess you'll have to move back!! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    LuckyBob wrote:
    Something's broken on Mat's gallery - after the first few images it all switches back to wedding photos, although the thumbnail images still look like our shots. headscratch.gif His slideshow is also too fast :D

It's working fine now. I think the problem originally was that files were still uploading.
  • Options
    BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    LuckyBob wrote:
    You shouldn't be embarrassed; I especially like the one of the Totem pole in Pioneer Square - maybe we can all do a day of Pioneer Square and the underground. Good to see more results from everyone!
    Thanks Bob, I appreciate the compliment.

BTW, I love your shots of the fish pole and the manhole cover. But, I didn't see the fish pole in the entries headscratch.gif. I must have missed it. Where is that pole, anyway, in the Market somewhere?
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    BenA2 wrote:
    Thanks Bob, I appreciate the compliment.

BTW, I love your shots of the fish pole and the manhole cover. But, I didn't see the fish pole in the entries headscratch.gif. I must have missed it. Where is that pole, anyway, in the Market somewhere?

Thanks! It's in there - I spotted it on the second page. The pole itself is right next to the "happy" clown guy that Rhuarc got some shots of, so right near the fish throwers.
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    I have more interest in model shoots. I have 2 AB800's a 20x20 muslin, that we can put to good use if someone has the space.

Lex
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    gmonkeh wrote:
    I have more interest in model shoots. I have 2 AB800's a 20x20 muslin, that we can put to good use if someone has the space.

Lex

I don't have anything, but am interested in learning! mwink.gif
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    CoryParris wrote:
    Hey guys,
    The photos are up! To view them:
    click the client proofing link and enter the password: DWF (Case Sensitive)
    www.mathaywardphoto.com

Some great images in there!
    Cory

Sorry I'm a little late to this, I spent all day yesterday (Wednesday) out hiking in the snow.

I have to say, amazing photos, all of them! clap.gif After looking at all of those pictures I am again reminded just how much I have to learn about photography, or even just seeing the world around me.
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    I don't have anything, but am interested in learning! mwink.gif

I'm with your Rhuarc, I own no studio equiptment nor do I even begin to know how to even fully use the one flash I have, but I would also be interested in learning.
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    I'm with your Rhuarc, I own no studio equiptment nor do I even begin to know how to even fully use the one flash I have, but I would also be interested in learning.

Well, at least I won't be alone in my ignorance! Then again, ignorace is bliss!! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2007
    I'm in talks with the owners to firm up rental pricing details so we could proceed with this if there's enough interest. So everybody knows, it's not exactly a normal studio - it's a performance art/gallery studio where the content is patterned after a late-1800s French bordello; people may want to PM me for a better description if they're adverse/curious.

Just so I have an idea, what days would work well for people (that are interested)? Sundays again?
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2007
    Sunday would be good, we'll need to aquire someone's willing to model as well. God know's I'm out, there was a reason why I became the guy behind the lens. lol
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2007
    Saturday would actually work better ofr me, if others could make it work. My wife and I usually try to plan something Sunday afternoon, but if that didn't work for otehrs I guess my wife and I could rearrange things.
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Depending on the day. I may be able to draft some model talent.
    I'm always down to meet on a Saturday. I would cut out around 12:00 though.

There's a possible meet on Saturday March 17th. Depending on how many photogs are interested here. PM me if interested.

Cheers,
    -Jon