Pacific Orchid Exposition 2007, San Francisco, CA

firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
edited February 20, 2007 in Holy Macro
Here are some shots from this years Expo. Last year was one of the first places I took my camera. I didn't know what was doing then and I like to think I've improved a little bit since then. 3 pages in my gallery. These are some of my favorite.

130621060-L-2.jpg

130621050-L-1.jpg

130621070-L-1.jpg

130609853-L-1.jpg

130610381-L-1.jpg

130504337-L-1.jpg

130506549-L-1.jpg

130507348-L-1.jpg

130620156-L-1.jpg

130513571-L-1.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Here are some shots from this years Expo. Last year was one of the first places I took my camera. I didn't know what was doing then and I like to think I've improved a little bit since then. 3 pages in my gallery. These are some of my favorite.

Those orchards come in the most amazing shapes and colours don't they.
    The very first one in your post almost resenbles a Nautilus Shell in its shape.

First time I ever went to Sinapore I was shocked that they just grew by the side of the roads without any trouble, and in Hawaii they have some beautiful ones too :D

Thank you for showing your beautiful Orchids ....... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    I really liked the bay scene thumb.gifmore than the flowers.
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    I really liked the bay scene thumb.gifmore than the flowers.

rolleyes1.gif

Thanks, I think.

:s85
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    I really like that first orchid shot. Nice use of DOF.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    Wow, beautiful orchids! I love looking at them... growing them not so much. :)

I think you did a good job capturing their colors and shapes. I find that most orchid photography is often severely limited by the terrible lighting in the venues.
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    schmooo wrote:
    I find that most orchid photography is often severely limited by the terrible lighting in the venues.

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! ne_nau.gif

I had the tripod out for a while to do some long exposures...but then people come over with their pocket cams at the same time and flash the hell out of the flowers. Plus it was a pain setting up the tripod...so most of mine are hand held. I started bouncing the flash off my mom and people next to the plants....I guess it worked out. I need one of those difusers?