How do I see the original name

jerrykjerryk Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited February 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I have posted some pictures to my site. They are comparision shots and only vary slightly. How can I see the original names of the files I uploaded so I can add the appropriate comments.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited February 19, 2007
    jerryk wrote:
    Hi,

I have posted some pictures to my site. They are comparision shots and only vary slightly. How can I see the original names of the files I uploaded so I can add the appropriate comments.
    I see the file name in several places - for an individual photo, it is in the Basic tab of the File info. And in a gallery, when I request arrange photos or move photos, the file name is shown under each photo. There may be others that I haven't stumbled on yet.

--- Denise
  • jerrykjerryk Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 19, 2007
    I see the file name in several places - for an individual photo, it is in the Basic tab of the File info. And in a gallery, when I request arrange photos or move photos, the file name is shown under each photo. There may be others that I haven't stumbled on yet.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise.

Can you explain where File Info is located? I see a popup menu that has a file info. Is this what you mean? When I click on this tab, nothing happens.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Customize gallery, enable filenames
    jerryk wrote:

If you don't have captions for your photos, then you can go to the Customize Gallery page, look in the "Look & Feel" section and enable filenames. You will then see them displayed with each picture in the Smugmug and traditional views (if you don't have a caption) and you will see them with each picture in the critique view.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited February 19, 2007
    jerryk wrote:
    Thanks Denise.

Can you explain where File Info is located? I see a popup menu that has a file info. Is this what you mean? When I click on this tab, nothing happens.
    Yes, that's what I mean. When you click on file info, you should see a box pop up. Unfortunately I don't have any idea of why the box doesn't show for you.

--- Denise