Weird question about passwords...

emilyzaemilyza Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited February 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I don't think this would work, but I'm hoping that there may be some way to do it that I just can't think of!

My whole Smugmug site is password protected.

I do, from time to time, create galleries that I'd like to send to people who I don't want to have the password for the whole site.

What is the best way to do this? Currently, if this becomes an issue, I create the new gallery with a different password, but then of course from my main site it says that the gallery is password protected, and my general vistors (who I want to view everything) can't view it.

Any advice?:dunno

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    emilyza wrote:
    I don't think this would work, but I'm hoping that there may be some way to do it that I just can't think of!

My whole Smugmug site is password protected.

I do, from time to time, create galleries that I'd like to send to people who I don't want to have the password for the whole site.

What is the best way to do this? Currently, if this becomes an issue, I create the new gallery with a different password, but then of course from my main site it says that the gallery is password protected, and my general vistors (who I want to view everything) can't view it.

Any advice?ne_nau.gif
    If you password your site, you will always need the password before galleries can be viewed.

What you can do, is password all your galleries (with the same password so you only have to enter it once). It will do the same thing as passwording the site (not viewable, not indexed for searched, etc) but it leaves the option of giving a single gallery a different password, or no password if you prefer thumb.gif

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.