Options

DEAL: accessories, hardware, peripherals...

2»

Comments

• Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2008
    cjmchch wrote:
    Well lets just hope you get it. I dare say a few would have been shipped before they realised the error. The error would have been picked up by a rush on the product, I dare say

Still no word. Order status still "in production"...
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2008
    Still no word. Order status still "in production"...

So I got the cancellation email:cry. I called to see when they would process my refund and the CSR told me my order was still active and would ship on the 12th...When you go to the link in the confirmation email does it still say "in production" or "canceled" ?
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2008
    now totally cancelled:cry

dell d-bags!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    cjmchchcjmchch Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    now totally cancelled:cry

dell d-bags!rolleyes1.gif

Oh well it was too good to be true at that price.
    Canon - Manfrotto - Pocketwizard - Sekonic - Westcott - Hoya - Singh Ray

http://chrismckayphotography.com
  • Options
    gx470gx470 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 10, 2008
    DEAL: Green Camo Burton Zoom Pack $64.93
    http://www.rei.com/product/754967

1486744.jpg

regular price for this great backpack was $129

now on sale for $64.93

you can ship it to local REI store for free and pick up.
    otherwise $8.99 shipping.

http://www.rei.com/product/754967

I already have black zoom pack. it is really awesome backpack.
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    I didn't understand how this was photography related until I clicked the link (description posted below)... (sounds pretty cool)

For the snowboarding photographer, Burton Zoom Pack is heaven sent. Removable heater pockets keep your camera and battery ready to perform.
    • Padded internal compartment can be customized to accommodate your specific cameras, lenses and related gear
    • Removable heater pockets extend battery life
    • Internal organizer pockets let you keep notepad and pen at hand so all those photos make perfect sense later
    • Snowboard/skateboard carrier lets you keep your hands free no matter if you're hoofing the city or knee-deep in powder
    • Plus, this pack offers a vertical board-carrying option for fatigue-free hiking; usable even when the pack is empty
    • Ergonomic shoulder harness system lets you carry a fully loaded pack in comfort
    • Bring along your tunes: stash your MP3 player in the sound pocket, which includes a headphone cable exit port
    • Also features a beverage pocket
    • Durable water-resistant zippers
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    kangamanguskangamangus Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    I purchased this pack for my trip to the Bahamas!

Purchased the black one from REI, paid $129.00 for it.
    Pack arrived and had the $64.95 price tag on it, I called and they refunded the difference

I can say it is quite nice. It is a rear loading photo carrier with room in the front to hold a laptop/books etc. Comes with small random pockets to hold memory cards, snacks, etc. At the top of the pack there are two compartments, one that is fleece lined (good for sunglasses or ipod)
    and one that has a mesh zippered pocket and a removable pouch with a clear window.

The photo compartment is fully padded with a flap that covers it.
    (makes for changing lenses inside the pack quite nice)
    The foam carrier has velcro dividers that can be moved around to make your own sized compartments.
    With it being rear loading it makes it impossible for sticky fingers to unzip the back of it and take out your photo equip.

I used it as a carry on with all my equipment and wallet,passports, magazines,
    sweater, etc.

It will hold a good amount of gear and protect it fairly well.
    It has a sternum and waist strap.
    Numerous external straps to attach tripods, monopods, ski poles, etc.

Has a Burton logo on the back, does not scream steal me!
    Very incognito, looks just like a regular pack.

It will not fit tall people very well, 6 footers and above.
    (waist strap would ride on your stomach)

I give it a A+ !!!
  • Options
    LKN DaveLKN Dave Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Lowepro CompuTrekker backpack in black at Amazon.com
    As someone who has shown an interest in carrying cases and bags, you might want to know that you can save $30 when you purchase the Lowepro CompuTrekker backpack in black at Amazon.com. Simply apply promotional claim code JQUT7RSP to your order and $30 will be deducted from the total.
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    great Tripod sale
    Found this on slick deals I thought it was a pretty sweet deal. If you sign up for google check out you get another $10 off so its really free if you take the super slow free shipping.
    http://www.buy.com/prod/KraftTech-60-Adjustable-Camera-Tripod-w-Nylon-Carry-Bag-New-Factory/q/loc/58207/207985239.html

enjoy!
    The tools: Contax RTS II (The 35mm Vet)
    Poloroid t737 (The digi PaS)
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Deal: refurbished iMac
    In case you didn't know, Apple just lowered the price on the older iMac refurbs to a great price.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=FA456LL/A

I bought a 24" Core2 Duo 2.16ghz iMac for $1,199, free shipping. I am quite pleased with it. The best part is the screen: this is a 24" S-IPS monitor and it is amazing. Also note that in this white, 2006 model it is NOT glossy, so even better.

I upgraded the memory to 3GB (bought it from Crucial.com, not Apple). It runs Lightroom, PS CS3 and Windows under VMWare Fusion without breaking a sweat (yes, all at the same time)
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    Deal: Upto 50% Off Computer / Photo
    BOOKPOOL IS HAVING A SUMMER SALE OF UPTO 50% OFF COMPUTER AND PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS.....Over 1900 titles are on Sale..........

I like BookPool more than Amazon as I do not have to pay taxes when purchasing from BookPool.....and i have always had to pay taxes on every single order thru amazon, even if coming from an independent seller in NJ......it sucks that way.....................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2008
    DEAL!!! Canon Pro 9000
    I was having trouble with my Epson R1800, and the wife and I went into Best Buy to get an el cheapo printer so she could print her financial aid paper work. We walked around looking at HP, Canon, Epson etc... you know the $59 type of printer. Well we looked at the ink prices for these el cheapos, and we were SHOCKED! A $60 printer requires $50 ink!!! Disgusted we walk towards the front of the store and I spotted the Canon Pro 9000, sarcastically I said to Stacey, "let's just get that one!" expecting to see close to $500 for the price. Stacey responded OKAY let's! I looked at the tag and my mouth fell open! The Pro 9000 was on clearance for $198!!!!! clap.gifthumb.gifclap.gif :ivar wings.gif I could not believe it! There was a printer new in the box below the display, so I snatched it up, stared at it in disbelief, ASKED an employee if this was right.... Then just about RAN to the check out counter with the printer in my arms!!!

I checked online, and the printer is on sale at Best Buy.com for just over $400, but you have to call your local store and see if they have the same promo I got, if they do, RUN TO BEST BUY!!!!

Okay... gotta go to bed, but I am going to have fun playing and printing tomorrow, if there is ANY INK LEFT when I get home from work! clap.gifclap.gifwings.gifwings.gif
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • Options
    rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    Deal: Seagate Barracuda 1TB = $150
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 32MB, SATA-300, OEM

Tiger Direct - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

I get Tiger Direct's email with all there deals and saw this one. That's 15 cents a gig! I remember when it was about 2 bucks a gig.

It's OEM so probably doesn't come with any cables or anything but it has a 30 day guarantee from Tiger Direct and I believe a 5 year warranty from Seagate.

I don't know if this is a super great deal or not as I'm not in the market for a hdd right now so I haven' been comparing but thought somebody might could use a 1 TB drive for 150 bucks.

-Grant
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Options
    jungjung Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    1TB for $150 is a smoking deal, but I just worry about storing that much info on one drive, I probably would have bought that one if they were offering it when I purchased my 500GB. I will buy another 500 GB when this fills up and prices should drop even more so I might still come out spending the same amount.

For those of you with a Costco Card, they usually have a 500gb Western Digital for $119 all the time and sometimes it is cheaper with a coupon.

Check it out
    "let your eyes do the talking"
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Deal: 1TB SATA Drive: $99
    Newegg has a WD 1TB SATA Drive for $99...and no rebate, free shipping.

Storage problems be gone!

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Jan-0-2009/FreeShipping29/index-landing.html
  • Options
    baltoedbaltoed Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 1, 2009
    Before you throw down you money.. check out http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4376839&Sku=W10-9012

just 119...no rebate and its twice the size ..ie 1 Terabyte Western Digital

Ed

Art Scott wrote:
    External Hard Drive Deal

Here is a deal$146.95 [after rebates of course on a 500gb *"EXTERNAL"* harddrive.....this be da LINK

• Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    baltoed wrote:
    Before you throw down you money.. check out http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4376839&Sku=W10-9012

just 119...no rebate and its twice the size ..ie 1 Terabyte Western Digital

Ed

The original post was from almost 2 years ago. Back then, that was a great deal!
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 1, 2009
    The original post was from almost 2 years ago.
    Yeah - we keep this thread running, rather than start a new thread for every little hardware deal. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    GeezershooterGeezershooter Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    James S wrote:
    I was just getting ready to buy another External but have never heard of Simpletech.

I was going to buy another WD. Anyone ever heard of SimpleTech?

I have a Simpletech and it works fine. Have had it about a year or better.

Tom
    Tom :thumb
  • Options
    BobMoenBobMoen Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 14, 2009
    COld shoe adapter
    Hi,
    Really nice Cold shoe adapters with umbrella holder over at deal extreme. About 7 bucks each. A tone better than 100 bucks!!!