MuneioMuneio Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited February 21, 2007 in Sports
Hi all, new here looking for comments & suggestions thanks
129723362-L.jpg
exif

Comments

• StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    Hmmm honestly I think its too blurry! too much motion, you are spot on in trying to capture the movement but try a slightly faster shutterspeed.
    Or it might be interesting with that shutter speed if he were coming towards you rather than going across you.
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
  • Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    I agree with a little blurry. I'm looking forward to snapping pics of boarders at the local park once the weather smartens up. How'd you go about it without being perceived as a perv? Are you "in" that crowd, or you just hang out and ask? I'm about 10 yrs older than the average skater at the park. Interested in knowing your approach. Thanks!

VI
    dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    Too blurry...makes me dizzy.
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Me too. That late in the day, what about considering a panning shot with a second curtain fill flash? Might be kind of fun and interesting.

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • MuneioMuneio Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Van Isle wrote:
    I agree with a little blurry. I'm looking forward to snapping pics of boarders at the local park once the weather smartens up. How'd you go about it without being perceived as a perv? Are you "in" that crowd, or you just hang out and ask? I'm about 10 yrs older than the average skater at the park. Interested in knowing your approach. Thanks!

VI
    Well never really thought about being perceived as a perv headscratch.gif We have a skate park right on the beach lots of people walking by etc. So I just lugged my tripod and camera gear over, set up and starting shooting. I was "in" that crowd 20+ yrs ago but that was a long time ago, before skate parks. But that really wasn't an issue. Once I set up a lot of them started coming over to where I was and started performing their stunts for the camera. So I wouldn't worry about it VI just think of yourself as a professional photographer on assignment and thats what they will think you are. It's all in the attitude and what your wearing under your trench coat of course Laughing.gif
  • MuneioMuneio Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Thanks for all the input. I will try some of the ideas mentioned. I was experimenting with the blur motion thing and guess I found the upper extreme :D
  • WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    Muneio wrote:
    It's all in the attitude and what your wearing under your trench coat of course Laughing.gif

*snicker*

I was at a regular park with my sons a few months ago, and some teenagers had set up a ramp. They were biking down a hill, then using the ramp to jump over whatever was around: construction warning signs, other bikes, etc. I started shooting the most active biker of the bunch, and with the big 'ole lens hood on, I sure felt like a stalker (not so much a perv, heh, and I certainly did not have a trench coat on, haha). I was garnering some attention, when all I wanted was to inconspiciously shoot the guys doing their jumps. One of them came over and we started talking. I showed him a few of what I had taken, and asked him to go down the hill/ramp a few more times. After we spoke, it became clear he was posturing for the camera, and was very pleased and honored that someone with such a big camera would want to take his picture, heh.

This shot, and the resultant posts, made me want to head to our local skate park. I figure I'll ask up front this time, and then maybe they'll leave me alone and 'forget' I am there. :)

Thanks for sharing your photo!

happy day,

wren