Shadow in a pic...Need some help.

SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
edited February 23, 2007 in Technique
Ok I just took some pictures of a Freshman baseball team, these were individual pics. The coach wanted me to take them in a small conference room...with a white screen background (why?...I don't know...but he's the coach...and I felt i had to do this...:bow ). Looking at the pics...they look ok...but I have a shadow that follows the individual pic. Is there anyone out there that knows how to take that shadow out. I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0 ...so any guidance on this would help.

Thanks in advance to any help.

Sen

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited February 20, 2007
    Sen,

If you can post a few examples, you are more likely to get a useful responcene_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    Sen,

If you can post a few examples, you are more likely to get a useful responcene_nau.gif

Ok I'll post some.
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    The coach wanted me to take them in a small conference room...with a white screen background (why?...I don't know...but he's the coach...and I felt i had to do this...bowdown.gif ).
    Sen, while we are waiting for your post of the shots.

I believe it's your obligation to let the coach know how you feel about the background, and what options you would choose to create a more suitable environment. Even if your not pro, you still have much more expercience at photography than him or he would compose the shot and use a remote or timer.
    If you were in a batters cage and he came up and gave some good pointers, you would probably listen... Well he's in your batters cage. The worst he can say is "no" then there are less worries on your part about delivering a bad shot.

Just a thought.

-Jon