Need help My Siggy 70-200 2.8 seems to have bit the....

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited February 21, 2007 in Cameras
Has any one used a private repair company for lens repair?
Who can you recommend?

My Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO bit the dust....it got real noisy yesterday and then just stopped focusing....seems to be stuck at infinity....and it won't manual focus either...it is around 6yrs old but it was (until yesterday) a fantastically sharp lens and I really hate to just toss it in the trash can....I wouldn't mind sending it back to Sigma if it were a newer APO DG EX lens...but being an older version I am not sure they would even work on it.....hell they didn't even have a petal shade for it when I broke the original....... so I made a shade out of a rubber lens shade for a canon video camera and filter adapter ring.....

This comes when a new night club just opened that has Fri & Saturday night bull riding competitions....YES with real bulls.....wanted to check it out this weekend but now the only fast glass I have is my 24-70 2.8......

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance..
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments