Flash gallery for blog from smugmug...

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
edited February 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have used Coffee Cup Flash in the past to create small easy to use galleries to upload to my blog. I'm wondering if there is any way to create a flash gallery for my blog that would use images that are hosted at smugmug. I basically don't want to have to store the photos at my blog since they are already on smugmug. Any ideas?

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    THis SimpleViewer looks like it would do what I need it to if there was a plugin written for it. There is a Flickr plugin that lets you view a photoset from Flickr in Simple Viewer.The SimpleViewer is just a flash program that you put in a post on your blog or something, and then it would let you browse through a set of picture from your blog. Any chance of getting something like this for Smugmug?
  • Over AchieverOver Achiever Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    edited February 23, 2007
    I actually just came across that yesterday, and just got it working! If anyone wants another working example of this you can check it out at my blog. http://blog.thehangar.us
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Just remember, some people (me :D) hate flash.
    edited February 23, 2007
    Lol, yeah, I know. That's why I'm just using it on my personal blog, and I won't be using it on anything else. I'm actually kind of suprised at the amount of flash i see used on many pro's websites. It seems like they use it almost to excess. I realize that it allows for cleaner interfaces, since you can have context based menus, but it still just seems very bloated to me.