Options

New Guy

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited February 19, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi all, I am new to this forum and to photography. I have been reading some of your posts and viewing your photos. I hope you will aloww me to join in now and again. I will atempt to attach 2 photos for your critique. Thanks. Ok I guess I can only attach one file at a time.

Comments

• Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2004
    I know the one colour, (white) but what are those other odd colours beside it?Just joking ,I am getting winter weary ,your photo is fantastic in my eyes.

Welcome I look foward to seeing and learning more from you.
    Cheers,
    Shakey
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    I know the one colour, (white) but what are those other odd colours beside it?Just joking ,I am getting winter weary ,your photo is fantastic in my eyes.

Welcome I look foward to seeing and learning more from you.
    Cheers,
    Shakey
    Thanks, but if your waiting to learn anything from me, you have been out in the snow way too long. :D
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Thanks, but if your waiting to learn anything from me, you have been out in the snow way too long. :D
    Hi Sam, I'm new here too... beautiful picture, looking forward to seeing more.
    Lynnclap.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Hi all, I am new to this forum and to photography. I have been reading some of your posts and viewing your photos. I hope you will aloww me to join in now and again. I will atempt to attach 2 photos for your critique. Thanks. Ok I guess I can only attach one file at a time.

Sam, welcome aboard! That's a lovely shot. I like the smooth, creamy whites and the framing - nice lighting. Hey, you might think about getting yourself an account at a place like smugmug or pbase so you can link to your photos and put loads in a single post.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    I like the shot. Flowers incorporate the golden ratio into almost every aspect of their growth and spiraling and that adds to their beauty in our mind.

As to being new to the forum... we are all going to be oldtimers in a couple of months cause the forum itself is pretty new.

So far as I can determine you can only "attach" one photo. If you have them on a web page, you can embed multiple images by using the insertimage.gif at the top of your edit window.

Oh yea... I'd be curious to see that shot with the background blurred a bit.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Sam, welcome aboard! That's a lovely shot. I like the smooth, creamy whites and the framing - nice lighting. Hey, you might think about getting yourself an account at a place like smugmug or pbase so you can link to your photos and put loads in a single post.
    Thanks, when I have a little time maybe someone can point me in the right direction, so I can find out what a smugmug, or a pbase is. (Should I be inoculated first?)
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Definitely get yer shots... we have a rabid fish around here.

Check out this thread for everything you need to know about posting shots.

www.smugmug.com and www.pbase.com are just a couple of the places that can host your photos online. Many of us use and like smugmug because Baldy, the guy who runs this site, and runs a motorcycle site where we go crazy (www.advrider.com), started smugmug last year.

Basically, you upload your shots to that website, and create galleries. When you want people to see your shots, just give them the URLs and they can oooh and aaah at your work. An added benefit is that you can copy the image location, post it in a thread here, and voila! your picture appears in the post. Like this, from this link: http://wxwax.smugmug.com/photos/2458113-M.jpg

2458113-M.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited February 19, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Thanks, when I have a little time maybe someone can point me in the right direction, so I can find out what a smugmug, or a pbase is. (Should I be inoculated first?)
    Sam, just go to smugmug and pay your money. It's worth it. Really.
    If you do decide to go with smugmug, use anyone that posts from
    there as a reference. It's worth some dough to the referer.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?