Help with exposure?

dktruckleydktruckley Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited February 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I use photoshop CS2. I shoot the shows in jpg, but for no special reason. I shoot pics for a local band and I usually take between 200 - 300 pics a show, the lighting is always difficult and I was wondering if there was a way I can adjust the exposure on say 100 pics at once? Or if there is a plugin I could use? I`m lost!! Thanks; Dennis

Comments

• mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    dktruckley wrote:
    I use photoshop CS2. I shoot the shows in jpg, but for no special reason. I shoot pics for a local band and I usually take between 200 - 300 pics a show, the lighting is always difficult and I was wondering if there was a way I can adjust the exposure on say 100 pics at once? Or if there is a plugin I could use? I`m lost!! Thanks; Dennis

If you are looking for automated batch processing you might try i2e. Andy negotiated a great deal w/ them for DGrinners/ SmugMuggers.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=51034
  • dktruckleydktruckley Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    mkress65 wrote:
    If you are looking for automated batch processing you might try i2e. Andy negotiated a great deal w/ them for DGrinners/ SmugMuggers.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=51034

Thanks!! I previewed the software last night and like it alot, but I was wondering if the photoshop plug-in version is able to process multiple photos at a time. More than 4 pics a min? Thanks again!!!!!! Dennis
  • rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    dktruckley wrote:
    Thanks!! I previewed the software last night and like it alot, but I was wondering if the photoshop plug-in version is able to process multiple photos at a time. More than 4 pics a min? Thanks again!!!!!! Dennis

Heres another option, Noel Carboni has prewritten PS actions that work great...( I discovered him thru this forum - thanks mercphoto!!)
    I'm just a very pleased customer (have never met him) also ,when I had particular questions he spent considerable time & effort to get me sorted out
    (to group his actions together , add one more component for my personal need and create a 'super action') for $15 you cant go wrong! thumb.gifthumb.gif
    hes got a few in his package that will do exactly what you need - i do event pics and run 100+ at a time regularly :ivar
    http://actions.home.att.net/dSLR_Tools.html

hope this helps
    rich56k
    be sure to check his whole list deal.gif
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    dktruckley wrote:

I only downloaded the stand alone version and not the plugin, so I don't know. But if you email them, they are very good at responding quickly.
  • scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    dktruckley wrote:
    If you get the CS3 beta, you can open jpegs in camera raw and have all same controls. You can batch process, etc.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/photoshopcs3/
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • Penny_LPenny_L Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    dktruckley wrote:

This is no problem in CS2. You don't need any additional software, all you need to do is to create an action. Basically, you will have the action do an auto-levels on your photo (note: this might affect the white balance, depending on how you set this up, which may be good or bad). Then you can batch the whole directory and save to a different directory. Please note, if you are underexposed, adjusting levels to correct exposure can create noise. If you were shooting at high ISO to begin with, you might want to add the "remove noise" filter to the action, but this will significantly increase the time for the action.

Hope this helps.