Error message using IE7 with Vista Home Pre

jaymcjaymc Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited February 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
My site (www.jay-mcginnis.smugmug.com) won't load. I keep getting a pop-up error message - "Stack overflow at line:0". The only way to clear the error is a ctrl/alt/del and stop the iexplore.exe process.
When I use Firefox 2.0, there is no problem. Could this be related to this problem: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=34446 ?
Any help?

- Jay :cry

Comments

• jaymcjaymc Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 21, 2007
    jaymc wrote:
    My site (www.jay-mcginnis.smugmug.com) won't load. I keep getting a pop-up error message - "Stack overflow at line:0". The only way to clear the error is a ctrl/alt/del and stop the iexplore.exe process.
    When I use Firefox 2.0, there is no problem. Could this be related to this problem: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=34446 ?
    Any help?

- Jay :cry

OK, after logging into my smugmug site, I've isolated the error to the "map this!" button.
    Am I the only one with this problem?

- Jay
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    Hi, we cannot replicate this. I will keep trying.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    Hi wave.gif

It could be related to Java. Please update your java version here: www.java.com to the most up to date version.

It could also be strictly related to IE7. I can not reproduce it on IE7. If updating Java doesn't help, I suggest searching the Microsoft knowledge base.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Let us know if you have any questions.
  • jaymcjaymc Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 23, 2007
    OK, the problem has disappeared! :D Not sure what was causing it, but I spent the afternoon deleating a lot of the "bloatware" off of this laptop (HP DV6275US) ne_nau.gif

Thanks for all your help.

- Jay thumb.gif