Meet My New Neighbour

SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
edited February 23, 2007 in Holy Macro
Every night for the past 2 weeks I get greeted by my new neighbour :D
She's decided I'm her new best friend, and has made herself at home, she just waltzed in and took over the place :rofl

She's cute, and a wonderful little visitor.

Relaxing on the deck, not a care in the world ..... enjoy..... Skippy :D
Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin

Comments

• BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    That is gorgeous Skippy! You should put a pic of her on the cat thread.

Do you know who she belongs to (other than you now seem to belong to her :D)
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    Cute image Skippy! They do sorta take ownership of the place :)
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    A great portrait of a beautiful cat! Personalities like that sometimes make me wish I was less of a dog person. ;)
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    That is gorgeous Skippy! You should put a pic of her on the cat thread.

Do you know who she belongs to (other than you now seem to belong to her :D)

Hi Al, yeah she belongs to the girl next door, but comes over and plays at my place, its funny how cats know that you like them.

She wasnt the slightest bit frightened of me, from the first time we ever met.... last night I got home and there she was waiting on the fence :D

These days I buy Dog Food, Bird Seed, and Cat Food, and I don't even own a pet rolleyes1.gif I feed everybody elses pets rolleyes1.gif ..... Skippy

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited February 22, 2007
    Dalantech wrote:
    Cute image Skippy! They do sorta take ownership of the place :)

Hey there Dalantech, this cat is very young, it's not a kitten but I'd say she is at least 6-8 months old, very confident cat indeed.

I love the way she strolls up the driveway to meet me and throws herself all over me, like I'm her bestest friend in the whole wide world iloveyou.gif shes cute.
    ...... Skippy

edited February 22, 2007
    schmooo wrote:
    A great portrait of a beautiful cat! Personalities like that sometimes make me wish I was less of a dog person. ;)

Hi Schmooo, I confess I was never a cat person till a friend of mine back in my early teenage years brought home this 6 week old kitten and plonked it outside to look after itself....... I was shocked and snuck the kitten inside, and did so every night and slept with it, alas the kitten became mine. ....before that I was never a cat person.

Thanks for looking, hopefully I will get some better shots of her in the very near future ...... Skippy :D

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    Beautiful cat Skippy! Nice composition and light, just look at those eyes. And she's not even centered in the framerolleyes1.gif.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Glenn NKGlenn NK Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    Nice shot.

Typical cat.

Cats don't have masters, they have servants.bowdown.gif

I've been a servant more than once.
    "There is nothing that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man’s lawful prey". John Ruskin 1819 - 1900
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    beautiful cat skippy loved it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DanDanDanDan Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    cool...i love cat.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    How nice!
    A cat that poses!

We have a black cat with gold eyes who's original family deserted her when they moved -- according to a neighbor who feeds her.

Hubby took pity on her -- she likes to sleep on our front porch, and now she comes in to eat and sprawl on our bed. But she won't pose!

You're lucky to have such a friendly neighborhood cat. We had one in our old neighborhood. He'd come by every so often, walk right into the house, would purr and loved to be petted. At the time we had a rather feisty, finicky, Maine Coon type of cat, and she let him walk right in! Any other cat and she'd start hissin' -- maybe she knew he was a wanderin' man not looking for a commitment! rolleyes1.gif
    edited February 23, 2007
    gluwater wrote:
    Beautiful cat Skippy! Nice composition and light, just look at those eyes. And she's not even centered in the framerolleyes1.gif.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh but she was centered in the frame and I said to myself, that Nick is gonna see this image and say Skippy it's centered rolleyes1.gif
    So I cropped it hehehe ...... Mr Smarty Pants rolleyes1.gif ..... Skippy

edited February 23, 2007
    Glenn NK wrote:
    Nice shot.

Typical cat.

Cats don't have masters, they have servants.bowdown.gif

I've been a servant more than once.

Hi Glenn, cats are selfish spoilt little furballs, but she's cute, not mine but she's more than welcome to visit ... thanks for looking....... Skippy

edited February 23, 2007
    beautiful cat skippy loved it

She was over visiting again tonight Awais, she knows the sound of my car, so she waits for me to come out of the garage ..... Skippy

edited February 23, 2007
    DanDan wrote:
    cool...i love cat.

Thank you DanDan, ya can't help but like her, she is quite confident, and really no trouble at all..... I enjoy her visits.

Thanks for looking ....... Skippy

edited February 23, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    A cat that poses!

We have a black cat with gold eyes who's original family deserted her when they moved -- according to a neighbor who feeds her.

Hubby took pity on her -- she likes to sleep on our front porch, and now she comes in to eat and sprawl on our bed. But she won't pose!

You're lucky to have such a friendly neighborhood cat. We had one in our old neighborhood. He'd come by every so often, walk right into the house, would purr and loved to be petted. At the time we had a rather feisty, finicky, Maine Coon type of cat, and she let him walk right in! Any other cat and she'd start hissin' -- maybe she knew he was a wanderin' man not looking for a commitment! rolleyes1.gif

Hi Dee, I believe animals have an instinct that tells them that people are either okay or not, this little girl likes company, but I'm glad she goes home to her house after she visits :D ... cats have such amazing personalities..... thanks for looking Dee..... Skippy