Cameras used by Smugmuggers

TheDuckTheDuck Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited February 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Not sure whether this might belong in another forum....but I'll ask here.

I just saw that Flickr generates interesting/entertaining graphs and counts of which cameras are used by their subscribers to post photos. (see http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/ for an example). It's sort of a poor man's view of market share by manufacturer and model, skewed of course by the profile of Flickr users.

Out of curiosity, does Smugmug produce similar statistics? I'd expect to see more high-end cameras in use by Smugmuggers compared with those in the Flickr community...but maybe not.

I guess after Canon's 1D-III announcement I'm trying to crystal ball gaze to see whether they're really feeling any pressure to deliver a 40D to better compete with Nikons D200 or a 5D-II just to make me happy.

Thanks, and be seeing you,
The Duck

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    TheDuck wrote:
    Not sure whether this might belong in another forum....but I'll ask here.

I just saw that Flickr generates interesting/entertaining graphs and counts of which cameras are used by their subscribers to post photos. (see http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/ for an example). It's sort of a poor man's view of market share by manufacturer and model, skewed of course by the profile of Flickr users.

Out of curiosity, does Smugmug produce similar statistics? I'd expect to see more high-end cameras in use by Smugmuggers compared with those in the Flickr community...but maybe not.

I guess after Canon's 1D-III announcement I'm trying to crystal ball gaze to see whether they're really feeling any pressure to deliver a 40D to better compete with Nikons D200 or a 5D-II just to make me happy.

Thanks, and be seeing you,
    The Duck
    We don't have it :) thanks for the feature request!
  • belinebeline Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    TheDuck wrote:
    I'd expect to see more high-end cameras in use by Smugmuggers compared with those in the Flickr community...
    Hell yeah! I've been shooting for what seams like ever with my 5D! High-end all the way baby...

too bad its a Maxxum 5D... :cry
    Covering It at D:D
    coverthis.smugmug.com

SmugWP -
    now 30% more smug!

No Steam Shovel

Feature Requests:
    External Slide Show Support
    Black/White and Sepia Color Options
    Photo/Discount Packages/Coupons
    Electronic Payout for Pro accounts via PayPal
    Self-Fulfilment (Custom "Items")