Options

Youth League Action Contract(s)

OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited March 6, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello everyone,
I have been shooting for a local league, softball and baseball for several years, this year I was awarded the T&I photos for about 30 teams, I also approached them about a contract where I would be the offical photographer for the park/league for action photos, they understood the reasons I gave them and actually loved the idea. So, now I need some sample contracts to go by. Do any of you use a simple but legal contract that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks
Brad Fite :D
www.fitephotography.com
Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    Unfortunately, I do not have a contract that fits this. I am curious if it is an exclusive contract? Are parents still able to shoot their kids? How are you going to cover 30 teams?

If you can't tell, I'd like to go further down this path myself.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Hello Jim,
    Sorry for the late reply, been busy. Yes it would be a exclusive contract, and No I wouldnt stop parents from taking snap shots, most of them buy from me anyways and they know mine are better quality. Covering 30 teams is TOUGH, I recomend rolling up the sleeves, get everyones scheduals, try to cover teams that play eachother that way you just covered 2 teams you needed to, Roll up sleeves and repeat over and over,, then catch the games with just 1 team you need to cover. Last year I shot for over a month Before I even set up my booth and sold, Parents swarmed us, be prepared. Also a bit of advice, Get some of your best shots printed (mine are 8x10), both baseball / softball and any other events you cover, put them in a book, and pass it around at games while your shooting. Parents and kids LOVE to see themselves and will also bring other parents to view your photos at the booth. It basicly helps drive sales/traffic to you. Almost anywhere I go whether its a rodeo, horse show or any sports I cover people always ask to see my book and then it will get passed around even more.

Jim, good luck, it's very rewarding when you get a parent that cries when they see their child's photos or in my book.

BTW, I'm still searching for a simple but legal contract.
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Sounds terrific! You make it sound worthwhile (and more than in the fiscal sense).

Thanks for the insight and feedback. It sounds like we shoot kid's sports for the same reasons.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos