Options

Please tell me when you have enough of my Papuan fishermens

cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited February 26, 2007 in People
Again from Jayapura's fish market. This shot was taken under a wooden roof at sunset. I would be very interested in your opinions, comments, critiques! Thanks, Carlo
Canon 1dmk2, Canon 85mm f/1.2

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    To be better it would have to be REAL! thumb.gif
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Never enough of great photography but we do ask that people dont start a new thread almost daily for the same series of photos. It can tend to clog things up a bit.
  • Options
    cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Thank you for stopping and commenting!
    gus and all the other dgrinners: I'm so terribly sorry I thought I've read all the rules but I've missed this one. It will not happen any more. My most sincere aplogize.
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    No big deal, it happened to me too and the moderator fixed it and explained it to me. If you have more Papuan fishermen photos to post, just add them to this thread or your other thread on the same topic (Fisherman from Jayapura's fish market). Each time you add a new photo or someone replies to your thread it will move to the top of the forum. You'll know when we get tired of your Fisherman photos when we don't reply anymore. I'm not tired of your photos yet by any means. I left a few up on the screen for my wife to find the other day and I could hear her "Wow!" from downstairs when she spotted them. Great shots!
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Superb! thumb.gif

I spent three months in PNG back in the eighties, and this shot takes me right back there.
  • Options
    pahlpahl Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Amazing photo.
    Would love to see more..
    http://pahl.smugmug.com

Pentax istDL
    50mm-f/1.4
    10-17mm fish-eye
    18-55mm kit lens
    Sigma EF-500 DG Super Flash[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 24, 2007
    this is an excellent capture. beautiful light, nice composition and terrific bokeh thumb.gif
  • Options
    JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    I am becoming a fan of your photo's, cocasana, because you really know how to capture people either in a very real way, or in a very intersting way - if that makes sense.

This one in particular is a very real photo with great detail. bowdown.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    Gosh, you bring so much texture and character to their faces with your use of light. Wonderful stuff.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au