Options

Flash tests...

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited February 23, 2007 in People
Hi! Haven't been around in a while and have been barely even lurking... Just busy, busy! Right now I'm preparing for a wedding that I have tomorrow. My second one. Starting to get those butterflies right now! :rofl

Anyway, I recently had the good fortune to upgrade my equipment. I got a 580EX flash, a Canon 28-105 mm L lens (thanks for the review, Andy - very helpful and GREAT lens) and a few other minor things. When I got the flash, though, I was overwhelmed by all it could do. Had NO clue a flash could be so powerful!

So I purchased a DVD that helped explain it better - and it was EXTREMELY helpful and gave some GREAT suggestions. I highly recommend it!

One thing it recommended was to put the second flash behind a diffuser and get some secondary light that way. I tried that and much more.... You may find what i did interesting... Just click here: Flash Tests. I suggest the Journal style to compare a little more easily, but left the style alone for you to choose. (I can't remember how to force it, but still allow choices and have too many other thigns going on to find out now.)

Hopefully this is in the right forum. Although it may be better off in the "technique" forum, because I was doing it specifically for people, I wasn't sure... ;)

If you go there now, check back in a few - I'm going to do a quick picture of the layout in PS and upload that in a few minutes....

Thanks! Please comment on the individual photos or here - I'd LOVE to know what others think! The easiest layout was my favorite, honestly!