PhotoBar issue with IE

Penny_LPenny_L Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited February 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm having a problem with my photobar when using IE. It appears that the photobar is still showing a semi-transparent black shading even when the mouse is not over the picture. This does not go away even if you go over it to see the photobar, or if you go to another picture in the gallery.

This only occurs in IE after viewing a picture in the lightbox. I've only noticed it recently, since I generally use Firefox. I'm using IE6 under XP.

Here are some screenshots.

1) Normal when I first use it
http://pennyphotography.smugmug.com/photos/131637207-O.jpg

2) Going back to the picture after viewing the lightbox (you can still see the photobar)
http://pennyphotography.smugmug.com/photos/131637218-O.jpg

3) Still showing shaded photobar after clicking on a different photo
http://pennyphotography.smugmug.com/photos/131638650-O.jpg

4) When pulling up the photobar again, you see both the new photobar and the (slightly smaller/partially closed) previously shaded one overlap.
http://pennyphotography.smugmug.com/photos/131638632-O.jpg

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Comments

• demdem Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    I've seen this today on Safari on two different Macs, so that lets IE off the hook. I also don't see this with Firefox.

I agree that it seems to be lightbox related.
    Dave
  • Penny_LPenny_L Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    dem wrote:
    I've seen this today on Safari on two different Macs, so that lets IE off the hook. I also don't see this with Firefox.

I agree that it seems to be lightbox related.

Hmm. I'm suprised that no one else noticed this before, since most Windows people use IE and most Mac people use Safari. So, the most popular browsers seem to have a problem with this?

I assumed that it was only my site, but after you mentioned this, I checked out your site and Andy's (moonriver) site, and they both had the same issue. It sounds like a pretty annoying bug to me, especially since it affects about 90% of the public that use IE or Safari.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Penny_L wrote:
    Hmm. I'm suprised that no one else noticed this before, since most Windows people use IE and most Mac people use Safari. So, the most popular browsers seem to have a problem with this?

I assumed that it was only my site, but after you mentioned this, I checked out your site and Andy's (moonriver) site, and they both had the same issue. It sounds like a pretty annoying bug to me, especially since it affects about 90% of the public that use IE or Safari.
    It should be all fixed? Let us know if you see strange behavior still, thanks.
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    I am still seeing it. It is easy to reproduce:

1. Hover over the photo to get the photobar to appear.
    2. Click on the photo to go to the lightbox.
    3. Click again to return to the gallery.

The grey box for the photobar stays open. It wont close until you leave the gallery. What's more, each time you repeat this procedure you get another grey box on the screen. Try it first with a landscape picture and then a portrait picture and you get two grey boxes is different places.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    I am still seeing it. It is easy to reproduce:

1. Hover over the photo to get the photobar to appear.
    2. Click on the photo to go to the lightbox.
    3. Click again to return to the gallery.

The grey box for the photobar stays open. It wont close until you leave the gallery. What's more, each time you repeat this procedure you get another grey box on the screen. Try it first with a landscape picture and then a portrait picture and you get two grey boxes is different places.

I see it too right now in IE7, even with a completely cleared cache. Easy to reproduce just following the steps above.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited February 24, 2007
    Thanks all - must be a bug related to some stuff we pushed yesterday. We'll fix it, I hope fast!

Thanks again everyone, and sorry for the hassle :(
    edited February 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks all - must be a bug related to some stuff we pushed yesterday. We'll fix it, I hope fast!

Thanks again everyone, and sorry for the hassle :(
    And, it's fixed as of 11:15am ET this morning.

clap.gif
  • Penny_LPenny_L Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    And, it's fixed as of 11:15am ET this morning.

clap.gif

Verified that it now works. Thanks.