Chal. #85 "When I was your age..."

TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
edited February 26, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I realize that I am likely in the lower half of the overall age demographic of most of the users of this forum. And because of that, I truly appreciate that I've had the opportunity to create images both in "the old way" as well as the new. This is my tribute to that.

Here are four images. pick your favorite and tell me why its bad so I can make it better.

131710103-M.jpg

131710127-M.jpg

131710146-M.jpg

131710166-M.jpg

Thanks!
http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L

Comments

• LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    I think #1 is the strongest. But I think I would like to see it shot on a diagonal.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    I think I like the last one the best. The 1st one's ok, but the 2 cameras add more substance.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • LynDLynD Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    I agree
    LilleG wrote:
    I think #1 is the strongest. But I think I would like to see it shot on a diagonal.

#1 was a stronger response, I think the cameras detract. Trying another angle might give it a little more impact.15524779-Ti.gif
    I miss the days when the first question asked wasn't some "how'd you do tweek that in photoshop"; when you learned how to use the camera first rather than counting on photoshop to fix it up later. Now I'm on a rant, sorry......
  • TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    The original concept began with just the film rool and the card reader, so I agree. I'll try for a stronger composition with the two on a reshoot, plus I have a few more ideas with this theme.

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    NIce thing about working in your own garage is that reshoots are easy. I think I made the statement a little bit bolder with this one, but what does everyone else think?

131818640-L.jpg

• imagin'imagin' Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    improved !!!
    TylerW wrote:
    NIce thing about working in your own garage is that reshoots are easy. I think I made the statement a little bit bolder with this one, but what does everyone else think?

nr #1 immediately was my favourite and the reshoot is a great improvement clap.gif !
    I think the idea is a winner-one and deserves some more playing with light. Good luck!

Ida

www.imagin.smugmug.com
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    TylerW wrote:

Good stuff, I like how the film twists into the reader. The only thing that threw me a bit is the reader being cut off a bit.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    Great idea for theme thumb.gif
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • LittleLisaLittleLisa Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    Love it! Great concept! Photo looks great! I do agree to maybe have a little more of the card reader in the shot.

One other suggestion... I'm not sure how good you are with PS. Me - total novice. But when I first looked at your picture I got the feel like the film was moving into the reader. Maybe you could add an effect to make it look like the film is in motion. I have no idea how you would execute that or if it might look overdone, but just a thought. =)
  • ReWriteReWrite Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    Fantastic. Love the reshoot.

Ian

Canon 20d, digital rebel, 17-85 IS, 100 2.8 macro,
    10-22, 100-400L IS.
    Good stuff, I like how the film twists into the reader. The only thing that threw me a bit is the reader being cut off a bit.
    and get that cable back there, out of view !
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook