A wee teaser from Olympus Europe

harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited February 25, 2007 in Cameras
A wee teaser from Oly showing three new slr's - 2 for release on the 5th March and what most probably is the E1P in the background. No details on the specs for any of them but the first camera must be the E410 (basically the worldwide version of the E400) and the middle one must be the E500 replacement. I'm suprised there's no E330 replacement and rumour has it that there's going to be 6 new lenses including a 12-60(24-120)ZD. Personally, I want a 14-100f2-2.8(28-200) or a 50-100f2-2.8 Leica D or ZD!

http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/dslr.htm

Cheers

HarjTT

:thumb :D

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited February 24, 2007
    harjtt wrote:
    ... Personally, I want a 14-100f2-2.8(28-200) or a 50-100f2-2.8 Leica D or ZD!...

Cheers

HarjTT

thumb.gif:D

Good luck with your wishes!
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2007
    Hi Ziggy

I've been sending both Panaleica and Oly hints for months! The current telezoom lens line up for me just does not go with my style of shooting. There's the 50-200 f2.8-3.5 ZD but thats a big bit of glass and I want IS for any lens that goes upto 400mm, and having had Pana's FZ10 I know I'd hardly ever use the long end of the zoom. The only lens that really would suit me is the 35-100f2(75-200) ZD but thats $2,200USD and I don;t have that kinda cash floating around at the moment. I may have to camp out at PanaLeica/Oly's offices and bug the crap otu of them!

Cheers

HarjTT
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    This is exciting news! I think a very necessary step for Olympus's future. As an olympus user, I am excited to see what they unveil! I am particularly interested in whatever camera fits between the E1 replacement and the E500 replacement.clap.gif
    edited February 25, 2007
    Hey HarjTT - do you have any predictions on what the specs on the camera's are going to be? headscratch.gif
  • henryphenryp Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    Hey HarjTT - do you have any predictions on what the specs on the camera's are going to be? headscratch.gif
    Oly announced the E400 on Sept 14, 2006, but said it'd be distributed in Eurupe only. Specs here.
    And, I'm not sure the illustration on the olympus-europa.com site is intended to suggest three new cameras. it could just be a designer's attempt to stir visual excitment with a "zoom" look. We shall see.
    edited February 25, 2007
    henryp wrote:
    Oly announced the E400 on Sept 14, 2006, but said it'd be distributed in Eurupe only. Specs here.
    And, I'm not sure the illustration on the olympus-europa.com site is intended to suggest three new cameras. it could just be a designer's attempt to stir visual excitment with a "zoom" look. We shall see.

Well, there are dates listed on two of the three camera's in the picture which I think suggests those two cameras will be announced on those dates, and the other isn't quite ready - but they want us to expect it soon.
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    henryp wrote:
    And, I'm not sure the illustration on the olympus-europa.com site is intended to suggest three new cameras.

Who am I to contradict someone from B&H? But here I go: the bottom one is E400 sized. The E400 is rumored to be introduced in an updated version worldwide. The middle one is E500 sized. The E500 is rumored to be upgraded. The top one looks like the E1 replacement mockup shown earlier. My hopes is that the E410 and E510 are announced/released on March 5, and that PMA will show more info on the E1 replacement, due out this summer(ish).

If you like Rumor City, read this thread on Dpreview Olympus SLR. It's consistent with the teaser ad.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    Hi Swin, Marlof , Henry

Marlof's post is spot on - 2 new cam's on the 5th March 2007 and the E1 replacement is in the background. No specifics on any of the cam's other than the 1st cam is the worldwide version of the E400 - loosely labled as the E410. I'm suprised where not seeing an E330 replacement though.. may be theyre going to leave that for PanaLeica to show an updated L1/D2/E330 for later on in the year.

I'm interested in where they'll pitch the E5XX and the E1P and where that will leave the E3XX series. Whatever happens its going to be interesting.

Cheers

HarjTT