Popular Photo Q

EcoJamEcoJam Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited February 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Wondering how you clear, reset or remove pics from the popular pic view on your homepage?

Also, who are these people making comments on pics? - how do you respond when they ask a question in their comments.

Is there a good way to reorder or make a specific sequence in the order of the galleries displyed within a catagory. Seems everytime I upload now using the Apple / iPhoto batch upload it puts the pics in a randomly picked gallery (not the one I select) then I know which gallery it is cause it appears as the first gallery. Then I bulk move the pics to the correct gallery, but the erroneous "pass thru" gallery remains first in the sequence of galleries.

thks, ed

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    EcoJam wrote:
    Wondering how you clear, reset or remove pics from the popular pic view on your homepage?
    Only by rotating, or replacing the photo, those are the best ways to reset.

Also, who are these people making comments on pics? - how do you respond when they ask a question in their comments.
    if they leave their info, you can contact them :D
    Is there a good way to reorder or make a specific sequence in the order of the galleries displyed within a catagory. Seems everytime I upload now using the Apple / iPhoto batch upload it puts the pics in a randomly picked gallery (not the one I select) then I know which gallery it is cause it appears as the first gallery. Then I bulk move the pics to the correct gallery, but the erroneous "pass thru" gallery remains first in the sequence of galleries.

thks, ed
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/arrange-albums
  • EcoJamEcoJam Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    thks
    Andy wrote:
    Only by rotating, or replacing the photo, those are the best ways to reset.
    if they leave their info, you can contact them :D
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/arrange-albums

Thanks for the quick response.

Any idea on why pics load to a random gallery rather than the one I select?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    EcoJam wrote:
    Thanks for the quick response.

Any idea on why pics load to a random gallery rather than the one I select?
    It's a lame bug and we're trying to fix it.
    You can use the Universal Drag and Drop uploader, too, with Safari or Firefox.
  • EcoJamEcoJam Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    It's a lame bug and we're trying to fix it.
    You can use the Universal Drag and Drop uploader, too, with Safari or Firefox.

OK, thks again for quick response. I can make do until its figured out.

ed