Southern Shoot-Out (Lacrosse)

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited February 26, 2007 in Sports
Each year about this time, Georgia Tech hosts the Southern (Lacrosse) Shoot-Out. In addition to the host Yellow Jackets, teams from three other universities are invited to participate in a 3-day round robin tournament format here in Atlanta. This year, the other participants were the universities of Illinois, New Hampshire, and Florida State University.

Here's a few shots from Saturday's games:

131881179-L.jpg

131876754-L.jpg

131887697-L.jpg

131947196-L.jpg

131950755-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    Super shot!

131881179-S.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    KMCC wrote:

131881179-L.jpg

great photo thumb.gif
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    It's just not fair--here in the home of lacrosse, Johns Hopkins lost to an unranked opponent yesterday and I had to shovel about three inches of snow today. And you guys in Georgia get to take GREAT shots of lax.

PS: FSU has some pretty expensive looking jerseys for a club team...

Again--really good, crisp captures.

Will
    Regards

Will
    KMCC wrote:
    Each year about this time, Georgia Tech hosts the Southern (Lacrosse) Shoot-Out. In addition to the host Yellow Jackets, teams from three other universities are invited to participate in a 3-day round robin tournament format here in Atlanta. This year, the other participants were the universities of Illinois, New Hampshire, and Florida State University.

Wow, stunning. Its interesting how different the color is between the wxwax pictures and these at the same game.
    I tried f2.8 300 at our lax scrimmage this weekend. I obviously need a LOT more practice.
    Thanks for sharing these!
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    ASkip wrote:
    Wow, stunning. Its interesting how different the color is between the wxwax pictures and these at the same game.
    I tried f2.8 300 at our lax scrimmage this weekend. I obviously need a LOT more practice.
    Thanks for sharing these!

It was a mostly overcast afternoon. I was shooting with what sun there was behind me. I believe wxwax was on the other side of the field. I use Levels to put a little pop into the images, USM to sharpen a bit; but I don't do anything to effect saturation.

I was shooting Av at f/2.8, ISO 200 (dropping to 100 if the sun broke through). The shutter speed was bouncing between 1/1000 - 1/1600.

Thanks for the comments.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site