#85 - Mirror mirror on the wall…

VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited March 6, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    Very cool concept clap.gif, only thing, and this is just my opinion, I would only show the young girl in the mirror not both people.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    Good stuff, I think it MAY also look better with just the young girl in the mirror.
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • mike_kmike_k Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2007
    I like the idea a lot - and agree about just having the girl by herself in the mirror. Great idea! thumb.gif
  • jamismjamism Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    oh mannn. i was working on something like this. darn... back to the drawing board.ne_nau.gif.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    Thanks for comments...
    Re-shoot will be forthcoming; I added the older image in the mirror as an afterthought because I think it looks more like a doorway than a mirror… I will re-shoot with a different mirror and see how things turn out… Any other comments most appreciated.
  • MartinoMartino Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    Nice idea, I like it. I agree with only the single young girl in the mirror. I also find the coat and the doorframe distracting. Maybe a more clean background would help as well as your idea of a smaller more ornate mirror. Well done!
    edited February 26, 2007
    #85 Magic mirror final version...
    thoughts, comments welcome and appriciated...

132594930-L.jpg
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    thoughts, comments welcome and appriciated...

132362278-L.jpg

This is really a good idea.
    The only thing I don't like in this shot it the white window curtain behind the
    younger gals head. Change that to a darker curtain, or photoshop it out, and you're in the finals.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    Very Cool, I likes
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    GOT MY VOTE!!!!thumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    Awesome!

Excellent job, I love the concept!
    edited February 27, 2007
    took dave's advice...
    Thanks for the advice Dave, you were right... I darkened the window and posted the new version in the contest thread...

Winston
    davev wrote:
    This is really a good idea.
    The only thing I don't like in this shot it the white window curtain behind the
    younger gals head. Change that to a darker curtain, or photoshop it out, and you're in the finals.
  • WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    Wow, great idea and fantastic execution for this challenge! Now then, after the challenge is over, will you come back to this thread and 'splain (in n00bese, please) how you did that? bowdown.gif

happy day,

wren
    edited February 28, 2007
    Should I post how I did that in finishing school?
    I would love to explain how I did that... I believe the appropriate thread to post this information in would be the "finishing school"... Mods let me know if this is correct and I will put something together.

Winston
    Wow, great idea and fantastic execution for this challenge! Now then, after the challenge is over, will you come back to this thread and 'splain (in n00bese, please) how you did that? bowdown.gif

happy day,

wren
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Thanks for the advice Dave, you were right... I darkened the window and posted the new version in the contest thread...

Winston

Ok Winston, just a little more PS.
    The white that was just below the window and a lighter strip in the upper left corner still needs to go. (or at least be darkened)

I think this is really a great shot. Just a little more work for perfection. (IMO)

P.S. You could post how you did it right here (in this thread). But I'd wait until after the challenge. mwink.gif
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    VX, I have been meaning to reply this the whole 2 weeks but this is a wonderful idea. I really like the changes you've been making over the last few days with minimizing the background. I think this is a real winner!
    edited March 1, 2007
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! By the way... Love your website, great photography, super layout and design!

Winston
    schmooo wrote:
    VX, I have been meaning to reply this the whole 2 weeks but this is a wonderful idea. I really like the changes you've been making over the last few days with minimizing the background. I think this is a real winner!
    edited March 5, 2007
    How I did this for wren...
    will you come back to this thread and 'splain (in n00bese, please) how you did that? bowdown.gif

happy day,

wren[/quote]

Hope this 'splains it good enough...

How I did this: With camera on a tripod and one studio light with umbrella I shot several images of both my Wife and Daughter in the same position looking into the mirror… After the shoot the final image was created in PhotoShop. I chose the images I was going to use and I dragged the image of my Wife into the one of my Daughter. I attached a layer mask to the top image and proceeded to use the paint brush tool with the color black on top in the tools pallet. I proceeded to paint away the mirror image of my Wife exposing the image of my Daughter. Using the paint brush and the color black on a layer mask will make that part of the image or layer transparent… If you use the color white it will bring the image back… The only real tricky part was aligning the hands just right…

133946556-L.jpg
  • FlashFlash Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    So where are the results of contest 85? HA? :confused
  • WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Hey, thanks! Super cool stuff there, and the picture helps a lot. Words + image/graph/non-textual thing to look at/ really help me to learn. Very glad you shared, and good luck in the contest. thumb.gif

happy day,

wren