Options

FOUND: Canon 10-22

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited March 12, 2007 in House of Canon
Yeah yeah yeah i know i hated this lens when i owned it but its true...i have missed it from the very first week i sold it. I need it back in my life.

Overtime has been good to me since xmas thus im on the lookout. I dont need one that still has its original box..been wrapped in cotton wool or polished nightly.

I want cheap & dirty.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 26, 2007
    doc: I'll bring you one in a few months

gus: nah mate, don't need it, saving up for a retro-encabulator anyway...

lol3.gif

Good luck finding one!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 27, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    doc: I'll bring you one in a few months
    I want it NOW !~
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 27, 2007
    Tell ya what...ya buy me the new mark III and I'll give ya my 10-22. Deal?
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Yeah yeah yeah i know i hated this lens when i owned it but its true...i have missed it from the very first week i sold it. I need it back in my life.

Overtime has been good to me since xmas thus im on the lookout. I dont need one that still has its original box..been wrapped in cotton wool or polished nightly.

I want cheap & dirty.

After all the ragging you did on this lens, I assumed you hated it!!! What's the story? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    After all the ragging you did on this lens, I assumed you hated it!!! What's the story? ne_nau.gif
    There is no other option. I know there is sigma & tokina (i dont want them...similar to 10-22)

I assumed i could somehow find a way to get a distagon prime etc to fit & it just didnt happen.

I need wide back & there is no other door avail to me.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited February 27, 2007
    Gus, I think you are beginning to sound more like Andy every day:D :D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    Gus, I think you are beginning to sound more like Andy every day:D :D
    He does it with cars as well though eek7.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited February 27, 2007
    I did not know that.rolleyes1.gif

Good luck finding your 10-22.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    **** Bump....still looking
  • Options
    PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Glad to see you've come to your senses. I love mine. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    Pindy wrote:
    Glad to see you've come to your senses. I love mine. Good luck!
    I still would rather a prime.

Ok guys please no more posts in here unless you have a 10-22 for sale for me please.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    truth wrote:
    I am not getting any reply to PM's there. Totally ignored.

I think because australia was settled by convicts then we are going to do something bad to them once we paypal them.

Ok...im still chasing a reasonably priced 10-22 please guys.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    Maybe go this route to the smug mugger
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    Bump...still looking.
  • Options
    TpsfotoTpsfoto Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Canon 10-22mm
    I have a real clean one that I do not use much.....$575.00 caps
    Add ship & PAYPAL & IT IS YOURS

Larry
    tpsfoto@aol.com
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2007
    Tpsfoto wrote:

Larry
    tpsfoto@aol.com
    Tks mate thumb.gif

Would you mind if i send you a PM over at FM to verify you ? This is a lot of money for me.

Gus
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2007
    Tpsfoto wrote:

Larry
    tpsfoto@aol.com
    PM sent with email address for photo..tks Larry.

Im away most of tomorrow (Quicksilver Pro is on with a cyclone off the coast helping the waves) but will check them out when i get back.

Gus
  • Options
    TeamSpeedTeamSpeed Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    TPSFoto has been around along time on many forums, thumb.gif!
    Tpsfoto wrote:

Larry
    tpsfoto@aol.com
    7D, 70-200L IS, 17-55 IS 2.8, 150 2.8 macro, 12-24, 100-400L, 85 1.8, 50 1.4
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    I know you have a deal going, and I know you don't want anymore posts unless it is a Canon 10-22 for sale.

Can I just say that after my Canon 10-22 was stolen, I, too, could not live w/o wide, so I mortgaged my Christmas to buy the Sigma. The photos are good and all. But I do not love it like I did my Canon. You are smart to go the route you are going. If I had not had the Canon first, I might love the Sigma, who knows, but they are different. I don't even use the Sigma as much. And that is silly the photos are fine, it is the "feel".

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    gus wrote:

I want cheap & dirty.

i have one in MINT CONDITION. I need it right now, but will be willing to sell after April10th if you can wait.

troy
  • Options
    TerrymikeTerrymike Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 5, 2007
    gus wrote:

I want cheap & dirty.

I have a Refurb I bought from Adorama around 6 months ago. It is sharp and clean. There is nothing wrong with it just looking to get into a 16-35mm 2.8. Make me an offer I can't refuse
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2007
    Terrymike wrote:
    I have a Refurb I bought from Adorama around 6 months ago. It is sharp and clean. There is nothing wrong with it just looking to get into a 16-35mm 2.8. Make me an offer I can't refuse

Thanks terry however im currently waiting for TPSphot to get back to me with some pics as he offered me a lens earlier in the post.

Im not up on this refurb business..we dont have it here. Whats it all about ? The lens needed repairs or similar & then they resold it headscratch.gif I mean the lens works or it doesnt. Sorry, just trying to get my head around it.
  • Options
    TerrymikeTerrymike Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 5, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Thanks terry however im currently waiting for TPSphot to get back to me with some pics as he offered me a lens earlier in the post.

Im not up on this refurb business..we dont have it here. Whats it all about ? The lens needed repairs or similar & then they resold it headscratch.gif I mean the lens works or it doesnt. Sorry, just trying to get my head around it.

Basicaly I am not 100% sure what it means. I am sure someone will chime in with the exact reason of what makes it refurb. When I talked to he guy at Adorama when I bought the lens his words were " it was one of our display models and when we switch them out we send them them to canon to have them checked out before we atempt to sell them." I know the lens is sharp and very contrasty, my only grief with it is that is not fast enough. Try to keep up with a toddler indoors with it, thats why I am looking to unload it so I can find me a 16-35 2.8
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 6, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Refurb stuff is pretty popular, at least here in the states. Generally, it's a product that has been returned to a store for any reason (e.g., don't like the color) and cannot be sold as new. The product gets sent back to the manufacturer who checks it out, and sends it back to the store as a "refurb". I'm sure it also applies to goods which have been repaired by the factory as well. In some sense you're more likely to get a working product when it's a refurb because it's been QA'd twice -- once when it was new, and a second time when it was returned (or fixed.)

I've bought two fairly expensive non-camera items in my life that were refurbs. The items were indistinguishable from new, and saved me a ton of money.

I dunno about refurb lenses in particular though. I hear that Canon's refurbs don't come with warranties. That's kinda strange. I still think they're probably at least as likely to be free of defects as a new unit though.

-joel
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2007
    kdog wrote:
    Refurb stuff is pretty popular, at least here in the states. Generally, it's a product that has been returned to a store for any reason (e.g., don't like the color) and cannot be sold as new. The product gets sent back to the manufacturer who checks it out, and sends it back to the store as a "refurb". I'm sure it also applies to goods which have been repaired by the factory as well. In some sense you're more likely to get a working product when it's a refurb because it's been QA'd twice -- once when it was new, and a second time when it was returned (or fixed.)

I've bought two fairly expensive non-camera items in my life that were refurbs. The items were indistinguishable from new, and saved me a ton of money.

I dunno about refurb lenses in particular though. I hear that Canon's refurbs don't come with warranties. That's kinda strange. I still think they're probably at least as likely to be free of defects as a new unit though.

-joel
    Thanks joel...that puts some light on it. Got any web sites that have refurbs for sale ?
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2007
    Tpsfoto wrote:

Larry
    tpsfoto@aol.com

Tps...you still about ?????
  • Options
    k2c1959k2c1959 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    lense
    gus, i have one of these. i would be willing to part with for what i have in it. of course you would need to add pp fees and shipping.. i actually bought this from troy (windoze) in sept of last year and have only used once. lense is pristine as you can imagine coming from him. if interested let me know. kind of ironic he was spazzing looking for one a few weeks back...lol..rolleyes1.gif
    pm me or email me.

09-20-2006, 08:45 PM #13 windoze
    a life long newbie

Quote:
    Originally Posted by windoze
    IMHO, this lens is very close to L quality....................

includes the canon matched lens hood!!!!

price = $575.95

The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM is an ultra wide-angle zoom lens with dynamic expressive capability for all EF-S mount digital EOS cameras, exceptionally small and lightweight for maximum mobility.
    With an effective focal length range of approximately 16-35mm in 35mm format, this lens allows you to get extremely close to subjects, exaggerating the difference in size between a near object and its background. Creative photographers can use this phenomenon to create excellent separation between subject and background for a strong sense of presence, or for a pan-focus effect with everything from foreground to background sharply in focus.
    Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements and Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off digital camera sensors. An exclusive optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
    Note: Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras, or for 35mm size "full-frame" digital cameras, e.g. 1Ds or Kodak Pro SLR/c.
    Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away......

" I wasn't born in Oklahoma, but I got here as fast as I could! "

http://k2c-ridge.smugmug.com/
    Member NAPP
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2007
    k2c1959 wrote:
    gus, i have one of these. i would be willing to part with for what i have in it. of course you would need to add pp fees and shipping.. i actually bought this from troy (windoze) in sept of last year and have only used once. lense is pristine as you can imagine coming from him. if interested let me know. kind of ironic he was spazzing looking for one a few weeks back...lol..rolleyes1.gif
    pm me or email me.

09-20-2006, 08:45 PM #13 windoze
    a life long newbie

Quote:
    Originally Posted by windoze
    IMHO, this lens is very close to L quality....................

includes the canon matched lens hood!!!!

price = $575.95

The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM is an ultra wide-angle zoom lens with dynamic expressive capability for all EF-S mount digital EOS cameras, exceptionally small and lightweight for maximum mobility.
    With an effective focal length range of approximately 16-35mm in 35mm format, this lens allows you to get extremely close to subjects, exaggerating the difference in size between a near object and its background. Creative photographers can use this phenomenon to create excellent separation between subject and background for a strong sense of presence, or for a pan-focus effect with everything from foreground to background sharply in focus.
    Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements and Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off digital camera sensors. An exclusive optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
    Note: Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras, or for 35mm size "full-frame" digital cameras, e.g. 1Ds or Kodak Pro SLR/c.

thumb.gif

Ok sold !

I dont know what happened to TPSphoto...sorry TPS but i need this lens back in my life asap.

I will PM you shortly.
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    gus wrote:
    thumb.gif

Ok sold !

I dont know what happened to TPSphoto...sorry TPS but i need this lens back in my life asap.

I will PM you shortly.

that specific lens ( one of mine ) is one very sharp lens..

glad you snagged it up before i came back at ya with another one..

troy