Buergbrennen

spakospako Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited February 27, 2007 in Holy Macro
Buergbrennen is a ritual that takes place every year after carniival here in Luxemburg. All the old x-mas trees, wood, hay aso are collected and mounted to a huge pile with a cross in its center. In the early evening when it gets dark the cross is set on fire to burn away wintertime (or carnival as some might say).

Even though it might look like KKK it certainly isnt :-)

here are two shots I like..

IMG_8549_1.jpg

IMG_8541_1.jpg

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 26, 2007
    the second photo with the silhouettes of the onlookers is really fantastic! thumb.gif

Interesting way to "recycle" the trees. :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    spako wrote:
    Buergbrennen is a ritual that takes place every year after carniival here in Luxemburg. All the old x-mas trees, wood, hay aso are collected and mounted to a huge pile with a cross in its center. In the early evening when it gets dark the cross is set on fire to burn away wintertime (or carnival as some might say).

Even though it might look like KKK it certainly isnt :-)

here are two shots I like..

Hi Spako, I'm with Doc, that second shot is really special clap.gif
    The people in the shot really makes this image.
    You've got it butter smooth too, love the colours fromt he fire and the silhouette effect it's created .... nice work thumb.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ButterNutzButterNutz Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    The second is real keeper! Love the warm orange tone along side the bold black!
    :thumbButterNutz!!!:thumb