Emails coming up!

PurkhiserPurkhiser Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited February 28, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi! I got a google key, so that if my clients typed in "purkhiser photography" to search for it, they could find it (without typing it directly into the address". Now all of my emails to friend photographers are coming up. I think it's because it had my website link in it. Is there a way to prevent this - these emails are personal, and I don't want the whole world and competitors reading them? HELP!

Comments

• PurkhiserPurkhiser Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    I just deleted the key from my control panel, but it's still coming up in the google search - it's also showing all of my computer activity!

HELP!

Carrie
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2007
    Where is it that you're doing this search? I'm guessing that you're searching using the google desktop search bar or something like that. If so, you're searching your own copies of your emails and they aren't visible to the outside world. When I search Purkhiser Photography in google all I get your site and this dgrin thread.

No need to worry, nobody can see your emails when they search even if they have links in them. Google and anyone who provides any email services would be in huge trouble if they could.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
    edited February 26, 2007
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Where is it that you're doing this search? I'm guessing that you're searching using the google desktop search bar or something like that. If so, you're searching your own copies of your emails and they aren't visible to the outside world. When I search Purkhiser Photography in google all I get your site and this dgrin thread.

No need to worry, nobody can see your emails when they search even if they have links in them. Google and anyone who provides any email services would be in huge trouble if they could.

AHHH! THANKS! What a RELIEF! It shows links to all of my personal computer stuff - not that there is anything really bad on there, but my personal stuff! I would feel like the whole world was looking in my closet - not that I have skeletons - I just don't want people nosing in my drawers and space!

So none of my stuff on my personal computer hard drive are accessable or my emails? Just my website and dgrin threads or any threads I've submitted online, correct?

If this is true, I have a HUGE weight off of my shoulders!

Carriethumb.gif
    edited February 26, 2007
    Purkhiser wrote:
    So none of my stuff on my personal computer hard drive are accessable or my emails? Just my website and dgrin threads or any threads I've submitted online, correct?
    nod.gif That's correct. Google would be in a heckuva lot of trouble if they had some way to search people's private stuff.

• wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    Mike Lane wrote:
    nod.gif That's correct. Google would be in a heckuva lot of trouble if they had some way to search people's private stuff.

Google: All your data are belong to us. mwink.gif

(But I still love 'em!)
    edited February 27, 2007
    Thanks!
    Whew! Thanks! What a RELIEF!

Started feeling kind of "violated" for a few minutes!:poke

Thanks Again Guys!

Carrierolleyes1.gif
  • PixoulPixoul Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    wellman wrote:
    Google: All your data are belong to us. mwink.gif

Main screen turn on.
    edited February 28, 2007
    I for one welcome our new internet overlords.