Slow smugmug?

joffunjoffun Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited February 28, 2007 in SmugMug Support
My site is running really slowly - has been since yesterday. Is this affecting anyone else? My site is password protected, but is boyle.smugmug if any of the smugmug crew want to have a look at it.

It is quite painful to use at the moment as it is taking a looooong time to open galleries or to choose new photos. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

**EDIT** And as if by magic, as soon as I have typed this message, my site seems to be running at normal speeds again; explain that :)

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    joffun wrote:
    My site is running really slowly - has been since yesterday. Is this affecting anyone else? My site is password protected, but is boyle.smugmug if any of the smugmug crew want to have a look at it.

It is quite painful to use at the moment as it is taking a looooong time to open galleries or to choose new photos. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

**EDIT** And as if by magic, as soon as I have typed this message, my site seems to be running at normal speeds again; explain that :)

For what it's worth-- there are infinite possibilities when you have a slow site-- most have nothing to do with smugmug. I'm learning this the hard way. Try the line tests and all that-- and if you're using a router and cable modem, often a simple re-boot of both will solve the slowness. You can also test the connection directly from the modem to computer-- I've had that solve my slow problems too.

And... one other thing that helps for me anyway is to check for spyware. Often when my computer slows down, I'll find a bunch of spyware hampering is the problem. No matter how much I "innoculate", there's always some new spyware out there ready to slip in!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+