Can I remove sub-categories and keep the pictures?

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited February 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hey smugmug masters,

Searched for the answer but the keywords I used were too generic and got way to many results.

I finally have had a chance to sit down and start uploading photos for viewing/archiving.
When I was creating galleries though. I think I goofed up and created a sub-category for each seperate gallery.
i.e. I go into the family category and click on one of the galleries, then I have to drill down onto again to get into the gallery (or should I say sub-gallery?) to view the actual pictures.
I'm sure this will make perfect sense when you look at my galleries.

Is there any way to remove this bothersome "middle folder" w/o having to dump the galleries and re-upload?

Thanks all. You guys do a great job!

http://jbritt.smugmug.com/Family

Comments

• dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Hey smugmug masters,

Searched for the answer but the keywords I used were too generic and got way to many results.

I finally have had a chance to sit down and start uploading photos for viewing/archiving.
    When I was creating galleries though. I think I goofed up and created a sub-category for each seperate gallery.
    i.e. I go into the family category and click on one of the galleries, then I have to drill down onto again to get into the gallery (or should I say sub-gallery?) to view the actual pictures.
    I'm sure this will make perfect sense when you look at my galleries.

Is there any way to remove this bothersome "middle folder" w/o having to dump the galleries and re-upload?

Thanks all. You guys do a great job!

http://jbritt.smugmug.com/Family
    just go into Customize gallery and change the Category or Sub Category values at will... they are just attributes of the Gallery. The Sub Category dropdown list has None as one of the options... no need for re-upload.
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    dmc wrote:
    just go into Customize gallery and change the Category or Sub Category values at will... they are just attributes of the Gallery. The Sub Category dropdown list has None as one of the options... no need for re-upload.
    Rock n Roll dmc!
    Thanks!
    I knew it would be a simple fix.

Cheers!
    -Jon