Options

Just the Beginning

phyfer1phyfer1 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited January 23, 2005 in Technique
I've always had a passion for photography and just recently purchased SLR Cannon, still getting to know each other. I have photoshop elements 2.0 should I up grade?

Comments

• Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2005
    phyfer1 wrote:
    I've always had a passion for photography and just recently purchased SLR Cannon, still getting to know each other. I have photoshop elements 2.0 should I up grade?

Hi,

I upgraded this month from 2.0 to 3.0

The immediate difference is the integrated photo viewer and editor. When I put a memory card into the card reader elements opens and reads the pictures. One click and the pictures are saved in a folder with the days date. The software then gives the option of deleting the photos from the memory card.

Getting photos from the card to the computer is now 2 clicks of a mouse.

The photos are opened and can be tagged into whatever categories you want, e.g landscape, animals, sports, etc.

The editing software looks better than 2.0, I also bought Scott Kelby's book on elements 3.0 I haven't had the time to practice yet.

Definitely download the 30 day demo and see if you like it. For me the price was worth it for the easy way I can tag and organise photos while they are stored in one folder on my hard drive.

All of the above imho :)

Shay
  • Options
    phyfer1phyfer1 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2005
    Thanks
    Thanks for the information. I'll share a couple of my photo's once I figure out how to resize them to post.