My annual trudge to the snow!

WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited March 3, 2007 in People
I revel in sunshine, hot weather, and, most especially, going barefoot. Yet each year so that my boys can experience the joy that is snow play, we head to North Lake Tahoe with some relatives. This trip was the first with my new camera, so that also helped to make it worthwhile. :)

I asked my best friend to pick a few of her favorites for me to post here, and I agree with most of 'em, so here they are. I welcome comments, critiques, and cookies (C-cubed?)!

132409040-M.jpg

132590093-M-1.jpg

132471187-M.jpg

132596632-M.jpg

132586729-M.jpg

happy day,

wren

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    Nice series. The first one beautifully catches the moment. I am also quite partial to the flying saucer.
  • WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Thanks for the comments, LiquidAir! We got lucky and had the sledding hill to ourselves for over an hour. Then the next day a snow storm arrived, and a usual 3-hour trip home turned into 8.5 hours. eek7.gif

happy day,

wren
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Wren, I absolutely love the giddiness and exhilaration of the airborne shot! Flying saucer... perfect term! :)

I also like the lighting of the last two. The snowflakes captured in their hair and clothes is one of the most tangible things about winter that I love.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    clap.gif
    Overall, excellent series! Most could use a boost in exposure.
    edited March 1, 2007
    Hey, thank you so much for looking and responding! I sure had to take a ton of pics to get the right 'airborne' shots, but that is part of the job. I even got to take a break and do some mild sledding myself, hehe.

Owen, thanks for the comments! By a boost in exposure, do you mean the lighting is off, or something else? *looks over at her unread copy of Understanding Exposure guiltily*

happy day,

wren
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    Make em brighter! ;)
  • Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    I don't know...Exposure looks pretty good in my monitor. #4 is fantastic btw.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

flickr

• quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    My family always called these "disks of death" because they were so hard to control. Excellent photos - I like all the action ones.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    I love the action. Looks like fun.
    edited March 3, 2007
    Hey! Thanks bunches for commenting, Jeff, David and Quark. Back in my day, we used a sled with metal runners that we greased up with a candle. The end of the sled had a steering uh..mechanism that was easy for the feet, and if you went down on your belly, head-first, you could somewhat put your arms on it to 'steer'. Lottsa fun, and yeah, those disks of today offer little control, heh. We also had a plastic rectangular two-seater, but those did not get as much air. ;)

happy day,

wren