Rain, sun, rain, sun, hail?

DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
edited February 28, 2007 in Holy Macro
I've only had my Sony alpha since Dec. 6 and I'm still trying to get used to it. I really miss the live preview and swivel lens of my old Sony F828... but when you don't want to get down on the floor...

Since the camera snaps a photo so quickly and I can see the image on the LCD, I leaned down, pointed the camera (checked to make sure the setting was on the little flower symbol) and snapped! Slightly cropped, a little shadow/highlight, some unsharp mask, and here in sunny California is today's brief minutes of hail!

132615467-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    I've only had my Sony alpha since Dec. 6 and I'm still trying to get used to it. I really miss the live preview and swivel lens of my old Sony F828... but when you don't want to get down on the floor...

Since the camera snaps a photo so quickly and I can see the image on the LCD, I leaned down, pointed the camera (checked to make sure the setting was on the little flower symbol) and snapped! Slightly cropped, a little shadow/highlight, some unsharp mask, and here in sunny California is today's brief minutes of hail!

Nice one Dee, can even see the wood from under the paint chip on the rail.
    That is hail and not snow right???
    I have to say I don't know what a Sony Alph looks like, I must go see.
    Thanks for sharing....... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin