Ch. 85 - Two Different Takes

TrasmcTrasmc Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited February 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I posted the second of these below and titled it "Positive" but am not thrilled with it. Attached as the first picture is a decidedly more...disturbing take on this theme.

I would appreciate any and all comments and / or preferences.

Thanks,

Scott

132622932-L.jpg

Here is the original:

132356767-L.jpg
Learning a little more every day.

Come visit me at...

www.brickstreetphotos.com

Comments

• fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    definitely prefer the second as it says "change" to me more than the first one does. The first one doesn't convince me that she's not going to take a shot as soon as the camera isn't looking :) Hope that helps...
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    i don't know, I think the first entry was a bit too safe. There are lots of thought provoking entries thus far.

The second (lone woman) shot leaves something to the imagination. Is she devastated she's pregnant? Is she contemplating the changes she's going to have to make (giving up alcohol/facing recovery)? Is she not pregnant and fed up with the whole process...debating whether to get wasted to escape the disappointment?

It's a moving picture, and resonates with me personally.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    I think the top image (lone woman) is the stronger of the two. I like images that ask questions and that one does.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    The top image...
    The top image is the strongest... because of the lighting brining out the strong elements in the picture; I could see right away what the image might be conveying… I had to look at the bottom image for a few seconds before I understood… The top image was immediate... I like the fact that it could have more than one outcome…

Winston