Fire & Ice ... again

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited February 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Changing States: Solid to Liquid

Re-shot it, so here it is. Let me know whacha all think. I'm leaving toward the vertical one myself, it's shows change more consistently (:huh Holy Oxymoron, Batman).

changes_1.jpg

changes_2.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 28, 2007
    I think the first image in the top triptic is the most interesting. If you shot that with the cube melted 1/2 or 1/3 of the way by itself I think it would be far more powerful than a series. The shots with all the candles are too busy. You're hooked on the fire and ice thing but that is not change, that's contrast. I think it hurts the image here.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the mods might have preferred you to post this in your original thread rather than start a new one. :D
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    truth wrote:
    I think the first image in the top triptic is the most interesting. If you shot that with the cube melted 1/2 or 1/3 of the way by itself I think it would be far more powerful than a series. The shots with all the candles are too busy. You're hooked on the fire and ice thing but that is not change, that's contrast. I think it hurts the image here.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the mods might have preferred you to post this in your original thread rather than start a new one. :D
    Yeah you maybe right, something about fire lighting that I really like. Still, I don't suppose it says change enough. What do you think about these?

changes3.jpg

More dramatic color:

changes3_red.jpg

My Fav out of this shoot, but I'm not sure it says "Change"

P2206275_resize.jpg

And this one's just for fun, since it definetly does not say "Change". (That's frozen "Rose's Cocktail Infusions Cranberry Twist" mwink.gif)

P2276434_resize.jpg
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • amy wilburnamy wilburn Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Of these, I like your group of orange colored pics the best...but I especially like the round ice 'cube' up top and would have liked to see more of it...I'm no help at all, I fear :confused
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    fire or ice?
    I prefer the second one in the first series of the ice cubes melting… I think the round cube melting with it’s deep reflection would be better… If you like fire, why not simply a tall candle with the wax melting down… anything going from a solid to a liquid is change… It also changes shape as it hardens again...

Winston
    Yeah you maybe right, something about fire lighting that I really like. Still, I don't suppose it says change enough. What do you think about these?

changes3.jpg

More dramatic color:

changes3_red.jpg

My Fav out of this shoot, but I'm not sure it says "Change"

P2206275_resize.jpg

And this one's just for fun, since it definetly does not say "Change". (That's frozen "Rose's Cocktail Infusions Cranberry Twist" mwink.gif)

P2276434_resize.jpg