Flawed Axiom (*Adult Themes*)

DigiEyEDigiEyE Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited March 2, 2007 in People
Hey guys,

This is from a recent shoot I did, I have more but I wanted to see the reaction i get before I go futher :wink.

132759150-O.jpg

132759156-O.jpg

132759400-O.jpg

Comments

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    I really like the lighting on the first one.

The girl looks pretty troubled in the images. Is that the reaction you are looking for?
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • DigiEyEDigiEyE Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Thank you Jim, I guess I did not word it properly, its not so much a reaction I "want", but more what people think thumb.gif.
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    DigiEyE wrote:
    Thank you Jim, I guess I did not word it properly, its not so much a reaction I "want", but more what people think thumb.gif.

First words that pop into my mind are "mental illness". These shots look dark and cluttered-- like you're trying to reflect the mindset of the model. But that's just my interpretation.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

edited February 28, 2007
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head there Dogwood, The over all theme of the shoot revolves around depression and suicide.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    I really like the first one, especially the black eyes.

The third one is almost comical, her expression doesn't work for me.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    I concur. First is ok but the rest is pointless.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
    edited March 1, 2007
    @ wxwax
    Number 3 has been a hit or miss for me, people either love it or hate it, I can understand both viewpoints however.

@ ultravox
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but I think one of the things I should have noted is these are random selects from the set. The way they were placed makes it hard to follow so I can certainly understand the lack of flow, if I post a few in between, they might have more value...

Thank you again guys for your input and feelings, I always appreciate it!
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    I like numbers one and two....and I concur with waxy that number three seems almost comical...but dark comical....

Number two has (for me) and kind of Grudge (as in the movies) revenge kinda look....

number just plain scary.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• CodyWeberCodyWeber Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    I see a girl completely uncomfortable in her own skin.
    I love these.
    I especially love number 1.
    Great job on these.
    There Was This Big Bang Once, But The Clergyman Doesn't Agree.
    Cody Weber Photography.
    Gallery -- Journal
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    #1 and #2 remind me of the American remake of La Femme Nikita. The movie, not the TV series. (Google reminds me it was called "Point of No Return".) Specifically the scenes when Maggie is first brought in and is listening to a lot of Nina Simone. There's some kind of odd lighting or post processing around her eye in #2 that kinda distracts from the amazingly powerful image. Without that I could easily see #2 as cover art for some CD in the genre my wife calls "angry chica". thumb.gif

#3 didn't load at first for me, now that I've seen it, I guess I'm in the camp that hates it. It just doesn't have the same level of emotion the first two convey for me.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/