How to add Copyright Info and/or visible watermark

Jeff GeoghanJeff Geoghan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited March 2, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi all, I am wrestling with the idea of adding watermarks - any advice on how to add something visible down in the corner of an image using Photoshop 7? :scratch All I have is a digimarc filter which doesn't seem to produce a visible representation. Any help would be appreciated!
Jeff Geoghan Photography
Interiors, Exteriors & Landscape
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
www.jeffgphoto.net

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Hi all, I am wrestling with the idea of adding watermarks - any advice on how to add something visible down in the corner of an image using Photoshop 7? headscratch.gif All I have is a digimarc filter which doesn't seem to produce a visible representation. Any help would be appreciated!

I add mine as text with an action, then manually move it to where it looks best on the photo (and is hard to get rid of) but there are better and faster options. Over at www.russellbrown.com he has a tutorial on automating watermarks using a brush. He's more geared towards the PSCS2 crowd (and soon to be CS3) so I'm not sure if PS7 can handle this.

But-- all that said-- if you just want the watermark in the same place each time, put together a little action and then use that as a batch to watermark your photos.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Hi all, I am wrestling with the idea of adding watermarks - any advice on how to add something visible down in the corner of an image using Photoshop 7? headscratch.gif All I have is a digimarc filter which doesn't seem to produce a visible representation. Any help would be appreciated!

If you have a SmugMug pro account, you can set up SmugMug to do the work: http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection

If you want a standalone free program to batch watermark outside of SmugMug, a friend has recommended FastStone Image Viewer or Photo Resizer

If you want to do it inside of PhotoShop, dogwood has provided some good advice.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Jeff GeoghanJeff Geoghan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    Thanks Pete & Bill - you've given me something to work on! By the way, both your sites are wonderful...Pete's makes me want to practice portaiture (because he's awesome at it) and Bill's great shots makes me long for my years in "SoCal", wishing that I had been formally involved in photography back then.
    Jeff Geoghan Photography
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    www.jeffgphoto.net
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    If you have a SmugMug pro account, you can set up SmugMug to do the work: http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection

If you want a standalone free program to batch watermark outside of SmugMug, a friend has recommended FastStone Image Viewer or Photo Resizer

If you want to do it inside of PhotoShop, dogwood has provided some good advice.

Looks like some cool stuff on your link here, Bill. I do wonder about the software for screen captures though-- all the Macs and PCs I've worked already have this built-in so I'm not sure why someone would need a seperate program for that...

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Jeff GeoghanJeff Geoghan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Looks like some cool stuff on your link here, Bill. I do wonder about the software for screen captures though-- all the Macs and PCs I've worked already have this built-in so I'm not sure why someone would need a seperate program for that...

I found this site online - it applies the custom brush method for PS7 - works great!

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush/cbrush7.htm
    Jeff Geoghan Photography
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    www.jeffgphoto.net
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    I found this site online - it applies the custom brush method for PS7 - works great!

Duh. They taught that in a photoshop class I took last year. Since I didn't have a need for it, I didn't recall the information when you asked. Once you mentioned it, I had an instant flashback to that day! Glad you found the perfect solution for your situation! clap.gif
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug