Options

Guess this goes here...

Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
edited January 23, 2005 in The Big Picture
Not sure where this post would go but.....

My grandpa, who you all are aware that is terminal as stated Here, well I was over at his home tonight visiting with him and his brother who just came in from california tonight.

Well granda brings out a bag and says I want you to have this. I open the bag to find his old SLR with 4 lenses. He also gives me a tripod. He said that I could sell this equipment and put the money towards a Dslr.

Now my question is how do I find out what this stuff is worth? He told me that it was his fathers outfit, so I know its old. But I dont kow if it would be an antique worth a bunch or just an old camera that some collector might take off my hands.

Now I know what some of you might say.....keep it for the memories, its a wonderful keepsake. But truth be known I have many other things he has givin me that mean alot more.

So long story short, how to price an old minolta slr

Thanks everyone!
Tim
www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....

Comments

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2005
    I'd go to Ebay and search for that exact camera under Completed Items. Expect a dealer to give you about 30% of the Ebay price. Same with the lenses, just run a search. If it is an SRT-101 you have about $35 there, if it is an XK-MOT you have about $1200.

Post what it is here too!
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2005
    Ok so after posting this I did some research and looks like I am keeping it. Would cost more to ship it than what I would probally get for it. It still works so maybe I will go and buy a roll of film tomorrow (I know...the horror!!)

It is not as old as I thought, its a X370 with 1 cheap lens and 3 minolota lenes.

Sorry for using server space for this useless thread:D
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2005
    That's what we're here for, Tim! If you have no use for the camera maybe you can donate it. Maybe one of Grandpa's missionairies can use a film camera overseas.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2005
    I am considering starting a youth group in my camera club and may have use for the camera if you dont want it. If it's cheep , let me know...