SmugMug Scheduled Maintenance Thursday March 1st

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited March 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
We'll be doing System Maintenance Thursday Night, March 1st from 10pm PST to 3am PST Friday Morning.

Wireless will update this thread/post with details, but we expect the site to be unavailable during the maintenance window. They will be working on the database infrastructure.

10pm PST (California, USA) in your time zone is:

132913940-O.jpg

FYI and as a reminder, this is our scheduled maintenance window, as described here.

Time chart can be found at timeanddate.com.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    Bump.
  • DKS photographyDKS photography Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    I know it has to happen
    Hey Andy, bowdown.gif a question from the other side of the planet. When you guys are going to do a maintenance thing on the site, could you please send out the time and date that it will be happening with the correctly adjusted time to the users local time? clap.gif For software guru's like yourselves, is that a big ask? mwink.gif I guess that you have the address of every registered user in a data base and the resources to be able to add or subtract a few hours within the announcement.headscratch.gif
    Dave.
    Make em good'n sharp
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    Hey Andy, bowdown.gif a question from the other side of the planet. When you guys are going to do a maintenance thing on the site, could you please send out the time and date that it will be happening with the correctly adjusted time to the users local time? clap.gif For software guru's like yourselves, is that a big ask? mwink.gif I guess that you have the address of every registered user in a data base and the resources to be able to add or subtract a few hours within the announcement.headscratch.gif
    Dave.
    That maybe a big ask. A smaller ask would be to include GMT. I haven't the foggiest idea what PST is in relation to GMT, but I do know what SAST is to GMT.
  • mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    That maybe a big ask. A smaller ask would be to include GMT. I haven't the foggiest idea what PST is in relation to GMT, but I do know what SAST is to GMT.

Or you could go here: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc to figure out the time....
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    PST is Pakistan Standard Time :Dclap.gif. I
    edited March 1, 2007
    nice try
    but really, what the heck does PST stand for? Your link would be a lot more helpful if we all new what PST is.ne_nau.gif
    Make em good'n sharp
    edited March 1, 2007
    but really, what the heck does PST stand for? Your link would be a lot more helpful if we all new what PST is.ne_nau.gif
    I'm so sorry! PST is Pacific Standard Time. I'll update the first post in this thread.

Thanks for giving us this great suggestion. The visual really helps, and why should you have to figure it out? bowdown.gif
    edited March 1, 2007
    Thanks Andy. thumb.gif OK, for the rest of you east coast Australians, I think the outage is going to be from 5.00pm to 11.00 pm Friday. That isn't too bad, but it would be better for us down here if it was on a Thursday evening, late night shopping and all that, clients not at home buying photos etc.smooch.gif
    Make em good'n sharp
    edited March 1, 2007
    Bump.
    edited March 2, 2007
    I've just been informed that there is a high likelihood that the maintenance window will not be used tonight.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I've just been informed that there is a high likelihood that the maintenance window will not be used tonight.

Hmmmm? I woke up at around 1am and decided to do some stuff on my site. I was clueless about the maintenance window. My site was working fine.

It is now Friday morning here on the west coast. So, was maintenance ever done? Is maintenance still on the schedule? For tonight? For next Thursday? Completely off schedule? headscratch.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited March 2, 2007
    snapapple wrote:
    Hmmmm? I woke up at around 1am and decided to do some stuff on my site. I was clueless about the maintenance window. My site was working fine.

It is now Friday morning here on the west coast. So, was maintenance ever done? Is maintenance still on the schedule? For tonight? For next Thursday? Completely off schedule? headscratch.gif
    You will get a notice here on Dgrin, and also in your control panel when we do it again.

No, nothing was done last night.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    You will get a notice here on Dgrin, and also in your control panel when we do it again.

No, nothing was done last night.

OK, cool. Thanks for the update. :D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog