A go at CH 85

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited March 7, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am still working on a couple of other ideas for this challenge but here is my first go at it:

A Change in Lighting
132837734-L.jpg
clik photo for exif data.

This is the jpg that accompanies my raw file for me to be able to magnify the shot just taken to see if I need to reshoot...so there has been absolutely no post processing work done yet.

C&C welcome and wanted please....

Thanx
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    Art,

I love the drama in this scene. It really signifies an impending change of weather and the sheer size difference between the cloud and the buildings is very powerful. I'd love to see this with some PP to make the cloud pop even more!
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    Thank you Schmoo...I am going to work on it today.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    looks good so far...
    I like it, can't wait to see the final version!
    edited March 2, 2007
    You asked for it and I try to............
    You asked for it and I try to acommodate:D....after some PP In PSCS........

LIGHTING CHANGE
    133057439-L.jpg
    clik photo to see original......
    EXIF HERE

• CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Wow... that looks like impending doom eek7.gif
    Fantastic image. maybe a pano would really double the impending feel???
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
    edited March 2, 2007
    Cindy wrote:
    Wow... that looks like impending doom eek7.gif
    Fantastic image. maybe a pano would really double the impending feel???

Thanx

Well it was supposed to dump a bunch of rain and snow..but didnot...I do have the rest of the cloud bank to the right of the control tower but have not worked on it yet...but i will soon.

• salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    Great shot! Would you mind explaining what you did re PP in PhotoShop? Perhaps after the challenge is over. I'd like to know how to make the cloud colour richer like that.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
    edited March 6, 2007
    salazar wrote:
    Great shot! Would you mind explaining what you did re PP in PhotoShop? Perhaps after the challenge is over. I'd like to know how to make the cloud colour richer like that.
    Salazar,

Almost everything was done in ACR....I took the shadows and darkened them and up the contrast just a tad and also the set the wb for daylight as having it set to cloudy made it muddy....then I moved to PSCS changed to lab went to curves ..set blk point off tail of airplane on the left and jump into the middle of the line and started pulling to the right very slowly...by to the right from where I was it was actually pulling straight toward the right hand corner of the curves box....watchng the resuls very closely until it hit what I deemed to be what i actually saw....the original jpg my very first post) wasn't very close.

edited March 6, 2007
    Art, Thank you for the clear explanation. It's all part of the learning process. I haven't had the opportunity to work in RAW yet as I don't have a good enough camera. Yet.

I was hoping Canon would be releasing some updated models (perhaps an update of the 30D with the new Digic III processor?) around now but it's looking like the EOS 1D MARK III is the only one for now. A little out of my league.

Thanks again.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
    edited March 7, 2007
    salazar wrote:
    Art, Thank you for the clear explanation. It's all part of the learning process. I haven't had the opportunity to work in RAW yet as I don't have a good enough camera. Yet.

I was hoping Canon would be releasing some updated models (perhaps an update of the 30D with the new Digic III processor?) around now but it's looking like the EOS 1D MARK III is the only one for now. A little out of my league.

Thanks again.

Salazar,

What do you mean ...You don't have a good enuff camera yet??? Dang man you have a Canon 5D..ne_nau.gif...Wish my KM 7D's were any where near as good a build as yours.......headscratch.gif

Shoot raw man....almost like shoot transparency film....just cost a lot less

When you said you did not have a good enuff camera....I thought you had a jpg only p&s......:D

edited March 7, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    Salazar,

What do you mean ...You don't have a good enuff camera yet??? Dang man you have a Canon 5D..ne_nau.gif...Wish my KM 7D's were any where near as good a build as yours.......headscratch.gif

Shoot raw man....almost like shoot transparency film....just cost a lot less

When you said you did not have a good enuff camera....I thought you had a jpg only p&s......:D

Art. Where did you get that? Am I getting a present I don't know about yet? :ivar
    Perhaps I need to edit my profile as it must be confusing headscratch.gif :

My Gear and More
    Equipment: Canon PowerShot A430 & EOS 620(film) w/zoom 35-105/F3.5-4.5
    Dream goodies: Canon 5D & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
    What I do: Theatre Lighting Designer & Electrician

By this I mean to say I wish I had a 5D iloveyou.gif . What I have is a Canon Powershot A430 and a 1989 Canon EOS 620 (film) camera ne_nau.gif . That's pretty much jpg and p&s. I do have CS2, but I'm just learning how powerful a tool that really is. My birthday is in September. Perhaps Canon will have a few updates to their camera's by then. Of course, I may breakdown and buy a Rebel XTi before then. we'll see how I get along. Thanks for the interest. :D