P***ed off.... and need help with a prob

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited March 1, 2007 in SmugMug Support
To start with it is not Dgrin or Smugmug I am p***ed off at it is my computer...this is my second time typing this as when I saw a couple of typos ......I went to strike the backspace key and all of a sudden I see a warning that the page I'm about to view has post data info and when I clik on ok it takes me to a page for editing my thread in the challenges....damn strange...
OKAY... the actual problem I need help with....getting my exif data from the pic in my challenge gallery so I can embed it with the phot that i asked to be C&C'd.......as I have done several times in the past....I went to said gallery .....got the little sidebar pop up and cliked on the photo info link....exif data page appears.....however when I right clik on it to get the addy for the exif data this is what appears:

132843458-O.jpg

What have I done wrong? Or is this a Smuggy Glitch?

Thanx for the help.

"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Let me see if I can get you un :pissed
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Hi Art,

First of all, here's the link for the exif for that photo:

http://www.arthur-scott.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=132837734

Next, have you tried clearing all cached and restarting Firefox? Try that and then lets' see how you make out, ok? I'll be here.
  • scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Sorry you're having problems, but backspace is one way to do the "back" command. If your cursor is not in a text field and you hit backspace, it is the same as hitting the back button on the toolbar. It is this way in IE and Firefox.
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    scwalter wrote:
    Sorry you're having problems, but backspace is one way to do the "back" command. If your cursor is not in a text field and you hit backspace, it is the same as hitting the back button on the toolbar. It is this way in IE and Firefox.
    I was in a text field when I hit it...I was trying to backspce to delete a string of words that I have accidently made all caps....I must watch the keyboard to type and sometime when I go for the left hand shift button I hit the caps lock and do not always catch it until I have typed several words....

But thanks for the explaination....I never use IE any more at all and normally have anywhere from 5 to 30 tabs on FF going at the same time...just makes geting around the web so much easier for me:D

Gotta make a couple of saves then its off to close FF and restart to clear cache and such
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited March 1, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Art,

Next, have you tried clearing all cached and restarting Firefox? Try that and then lets' see how you make out, ok? I'll be here.

Had to use your link to embed exif...still no worky for me still getting the same message....I did a complete computer shut down as i had installed an update from FF also.......

When I shut down and restart FF it always asks if I want previous session restored....does this restore all the cache also?

Thanks Andy

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    headscratch.gif HornyMa...
    edited March 1, 2007
    gus wrote:
    headscratch.gif HornyMa...

We're not explaing any more than this.....a close friend in Europe sent a link to her page on a dating site...asking me to send a couple of photos I took as she lost her copies (not family oriented)... and she wanted my opinon of her posting..why europeans have a thing about using adult oriented sites for dating i will never understand....I figure that bars are for...just go in late and pick up on the ones that are already ...ready to go.....

I forgot to close that tab..whoops

edited March 1, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Art,

THANX ANDY FOR THE HELP!!!thumb.gifthumb You guys are great....bowdown.gif

I figured it out....the last time I needed the exif...I did it as I expained above....the link was inside of the properites of the exif page...guess you all made it simplier by making the words Photo Information clikable to retreive the link page and address.....guess I missed this update somehow

I have been shutting down FF, my computer...now over and over......

edited March 1, 2007
    Thanx Again...
    Andy wrote:
    Let me see if I can get you un :pissed

ANDY thanx again......yes I am now UN:pissed....I was never:pissed at Dgrin or Smug...as I said it was my 'puter for doing the back page thing when I was trying to delete a string of words....actually it took me back 6 pages on one keystroke....ne_nau.gif
    Not a Dgrin or Smuggy prob...just a pc thingy I guess...............:D